Black 03 Lightning returned after a week? WTF?

2002BLKGT

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Florida
I spoke with the internet sales manager of a dealership here in South Florida, ( Maroone Ford of Margate) who said they have one 03 Black Lightning there that someone apparently bought and returned within a week. It has around 400-500 miles on it and their asking 29,900!

I asked her if she would take 28K, and she basicly told me to come in. Offers are taken more seriously when your physically there ready to deal. I'm weary of why it was traded in so soon. She said it had something to do with a credit problem, but I don't buy that. They check your credit two fold before handing the keys to someone. Especially a Lightning! right?

Maybe he just changed his mind and got a Cobra or realized his insurance was more than he could afford. What do you guys think I should offer on this L? I'm thinking 27 up to 28 if they refuse the 27. The Kelly Blue Book for this Lightning with around 400 miles on it is 32K for retail sale price, 25 for used in good condition.

Input?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a cobra the same way. The guy got mad because a heavily modded vett beat him, so He traded the cobra in, and bought a Z06. Go figure. Since it was a chevy dealer, and the end of the month, I got it for a steal. 24k. And the guy had already drop some nice mods on it.

Yup, its basically a used car, who care wtf the mileage it, it was someone elses, has been titled and registered before...USED. $27.5K MAX. What do you think they gave him in trade???? Probably $25.5-$26K