Black Cars??

• Sponsors (?)

68torinogt said:
mothers cleaner wax,then mothers polish, then the carnuba wax. meguires offers the same thing works great

Ok if I do those three steps...you can assure me the swirl marks will be gone because they annoy the hell!! out of me!! haha, but how long does the result last for???

HoustonGT said:
Supposedly it brings out the dirt in the paint or something and cleans it up. Follow it up with a polish and then a wx and enjoy.
BTW, since your car is black like mine, enjoy it for exactly 7 minutes until it gets covered in dust and pollen :mad:

you forgot about the bird **** that hits it right as you put away all your supplies...

I wish I had a camera with me right now. I washed my car on Tuesday. Today it looks like I havent washed it in like 3 weeks. They are doing some construction close to my house and there is this fine mist of sand completely covering the car not to mention that sometime this week it must of rained or I went thru a puddle and the sides look like I have been four wheeling... on the other hand my wifes car wich is silver looks like it is as clean as ever.

i found that using a better quality rag to wash the car with instead of the "wool" mitten i used to use gave less swirl marks.

also, i found a wax i love, called "Zymol".

first i washed the car with dish soap to clear the old corrupt wax from the car. then i went over it by hand with zymol, and used quality wool discs on my buffer to clear the residue. i then went over the car with a cool, sligly damp fine terry towel, to "harden" the wax onto the paint.

2 months later, i am still washing the car and not seeing any swirl marks.

Careful with the autopia site. It's addicting, just like mods for hp. Swirl marks are pretty much a way of life for black cars. I bought the Porter/Cable buffer from Lowes, $120, then bought the pads from autopia, did the three step from Mequiars and it looks sweet. Next time I will use a Meq #83 and maybe get more of the marks out. I suggest reading that site for awhile, buy the porter/cable and go to town. I've started doing friends cars for a nominal fee and I'm getting better.
Good luck.
Oh and to whoever said use step 1 Mequiars then stop. Yeah that's not a good idea. Step 1 is a paint cleaner. It strips all your wax and most of the water spot etching and environmental damage, but you have to follow that with wax or something to protect your bare paint and while your at it you should polish before your wax. So basically if you do step 1 you better do all three.