Black or Tungsten

rollerfreak66

Aug 14, 2005
hey,
this is my first post nd would like to say thanks to every1 for their help in deciding which car to buy. at the moment i have on order a black v6 premium and with the recent pictures of the tungsten out i have been back and forth on what color would be look best. my ideal color would be a very dark silver and im just not sure how close the tungsten comes to that titanium look, this has me worried mainly becase of the fact that it is named "tungsten grey" and the color i would want would be a dark metallic type. :bang:

im also contemplating the change because another person i know is going to get a black V6 and would like to have a different look than him (i could always put a couple more $$$ into my V6 to make it look better lol)

all opinions are welcome and thanks a LOT for all yur guys hlp in the past and hopefully in the future as well :D

P.S. i would put up one of those polls but since its my first post i dont know wtf im doin lol, so ill just read the comments and tally up on my own

• Sponsors (?)

I thought about these colors for about a month after i ordered a black gt (tough decision)...if this helps any, i changed my order to tungsten...haha. they both look great, but the tungsten is much easier to mantain. But maybe you should stick with your black color, so they have enough tungsten paint to hurry up and schedule my car!!!

good luck with your decision. i think you can't go wrong with either.

I had this same problem as well. after i saw the show car painted tungsten I decided that was the color I wanted my mustang to be. However, when I heard it going to be called tungsten grey I kinda second guessed myself because I thought it was going to be more of a titanium like you said. Anyways, I decided to switch black to tungsten in the end cause it will be easier to maintain and hopefully it looks pretty close to the color that was on the show car.

thanks a TON to every1 that replied to my post, ive still got about another week or so to decide on the color. ive seen the black in person about twice before and at the time i thought that the car was drop dead gorgeous lol. i wish i could see the tungsten before the week is through though.
i have no problem with investing time in to clean the car i just want something unique that i like.
soo ill keep thinkin about it and figure it outt.
thanks again every1! :D

I find that the mineral grey they had last year was much nicer than tungsten. like you i prefer a darker color. Black is a great color but alot of people have black. For me in 2005 it was either mineral grey or sonic. I decided to wait and its the two colors they changed. Im sorta glad because sonic blue had some purple in it which i did not like. The vista has no purple and is a dark blue also. so im hoping i will be satisfied with my choice. good luck with yours.

went with black lol, after being on the preorder list for a little over a month i found a black 2005 V6 with every option i was looking for in the 06 model.
got it for a couple dollers less than i would and the dealer turned out to be a good friend of my fathers, so he gave us the ford family discount with my stang. lol i thought it was weird but how could i argue lol
all that money i saved is gonna go into my new..(200 miles on the speedo so i guess i can call it new lol) stang that im gonna pick up in a day :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

thanks every1 for the opinions on which color i should get, but in the end i just got friggin lucky as HELL :D

rollerfreak66 said:
went with black lol, after being on the preorder list for a little over a month i found a black 2005 V6 with every option i was looking for in the 06 model.
got it for a couple dollers less than i would and the dealer turned out to be a good friend of my fathers, so he gave us the ford family discount with my stang. lol i thought it was weird but how could i argue lol
all that money i saved is gonna go into my new..(200 miles on the speedo so i guess i can call it new lol) stang that im gonna pick up in a day :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

thanks every1 for the opinions on which color i should get, but in the end i just got friggin lucky as HELL :D

And how do you like it? Is it worth it?