Boss Shinoda

• Sponsors (?)

The Boss Shinoda in my magazine article (Car and Driver) did 0-60mph in 1.9 seconds...and was running in the 10's I think in the quarter mile. It was going against John Colletti's ZL1 camaro. They were putting out around 7-800hp I believe. I can get more info on it if need be...

The car that 5spd GT is talking about was really a "race" car built for a magazine article. It was not John Colletti's ZL1 (he was the former SVT Chief Engineer) it was John Moss's ZL1. The article was titled something like "1625 Horsepower Shootout" and was featured in Car and Driver about 6-7 years ago. It was one of my favorite articles I have ever read and the Boss (John Colletti's car) did a burnout on slicks that got so hot it literally started on fire on the track. It was around a 600 cubic inch motor pushing over 800 HP, insane! The Shinoda Boss's you are referring to are mainly a sticker and/or louver package to dress up the car. Performance wise, I don't believe that they had any modifications. You can by the Shinoda Boss stickers from Mustang's Unlimited if you want to do it to your car.

Exactly the car in the shootout was not the boss shinoda that was sold. I have only seen one real one in person. It had all the paperwork and origional window sticker. Its visual effects only. Just a base GT dressed up.

94MustangGT5.0 said:
The car that 5spd GT is talking about was really a "race" car built for a magazine article. It was not John Colletti's ZL1 (he was the former SVT Chief Engineer) it was John Moss's ZL1. The article was titled something like "1625 Horsepower Shootout" and was featured in Car and Driver about 6-7 years ago. It was one of my favorite articles I have ever read and the Boss (John Colletti's car) did a burnout on slicks that got so hot it literally started on fire on the track. It was around a 600 cubic inch motor pushing over 800 HP, insane! The Shinoda Boss's you are referring to are mainly a sticker and/or louver package to dress up the car. Performance wise, I don't believe that they had any modifications. You can by the Shinoda Boss stickers from Mustang's Unlimited if you want to do it to your car.

I got the names mixed up...the article is about 5 years old.

They lit the rubber on fire after the fact...if I recall from the article :shrug:

kinda just factory rice

i am sure i wil offned a bunch on here but oh well.

the bosos built for the article i think had a 460 based stroker and a c4 tranny

the cars wouldnt go 1 pass without breaking. the zl1 and boss

Larry Shinoda was the KING of the name "BOSS". After the early 70's, he never seen a car fit to wear the "BOSS" name..... until the SN95 came out. He wasn't finished with them. If he had it his way.... they would have beefed the "Boss Shinoda" cars up. But he was unable to release his beast before he died. So now his family continues to sell the Shinoda stuff. You can actually convert your car to a Shinada...... and after they inspect & approve it.... it can be registered as a "true Shinoda". BTW, I've only seen 2 of them so far....