Breakin it in

Hey, I always wanted a Stang, and here I end up with a snake, yeay for me. :D

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on breakin in the engine on these fine machines. I was thinking of using Royal Purple oil. Should I filler up with royal purple right off the bat, or should I run ford oil for the first couple changes?

It is an 03 stang with 500~ miles on it. I got a great deal on it. I am totally stoked.

I want to change it this weekend as the oil has been sitting in the car which was sitting on the lot since early '03, and we all know what 300 test drive miles are like... :nonono:

Thx for any advice on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free ipod My coworker has already got his, he brought it in to taunt me!

• Sponsors (?)

I would change at 500 miles, 1500 miles and 3000 miles with ford oil. I would personally not go synthetic until at least 6k miles and would do mobil 1 since its alot easier to find and should be just as good for your car I would think.

Nothing hard for the first 500 miles, stay outta the boost, under 3k rpms for the clutch try not to brake super hard that kind of stuff. No constant speeds on the hwy.

logicisme said:
Hey, I always wanted a Stang, and here I end up with a snake, yeay for me. :D

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on breakin in the engine on these fine machines. I was thinking of using Royal Purple oil. Should I filler up with royal purple right off the bat, or should I run ford oil for the first couple changes?

It is an 03 stang with 500~ miles on it. I got a great deal on it. I am totally stoked.

I want to change it this weekend as the oil has been sitting in the car which was sitting on the lot since early '03, and we all know what 300 test drive miles are like... :nonono:

Thx for any advice on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free ipod My coworker has already got his, he brought it in to taunt me!

Let her rip..........these babies are built for punishment from the get go!!

p.s. Change the oil now and going forward in 1,000 mile increments up until 5,500 miles or so and then every 2,500 afterwards (if it's an every day driver...1,500 if it's not).