Budget 351W swap/build thread

• Sponsors (?)

Well that sucks the place I usually go says they don't have any. They gave me the number to another place and all they have is a 93 Lighting motor and they want 2000 bucks for it. Guess I'll check with the little yard near me and see what they got

got one today paid 250 for it. Do you happen to have a pic of where the "F4te" code is located? I read somewhere that its near the starter but I'll be damned if I can find it. Unless it's the numbers I can't read. Dude said it was out of a 94 truck

Ok, I just went and checked, the numbers are on the passenger side of the motor, toward the rear of the block and they are facing down..meaning you have to look up under, kinda behind the motor mount area to see them. Mine begin with F4. Another easy way to tell is to just pull the intake off and look in the lifter valley, it'll either have the spider hold down bracket or not.

Yeah I was hoping it wasn't that spot. Them numbers are all screwed up and unreadable. I know the intake says F0TE so I hope that's not right. I was too busy pulling the engine out of the car to worry about pulling the intake off. Maybe I'll do that later today.

Thanks for looking

You really can't go by the intake because it was designed earlier than the block. They probably made no revisions to the intake on the 93-94 changeover, only a hyd. roller cam block. Just pull the intake off and look for the lifter hold down setup.