Bugs on Bumper

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I will probably get a little heat from this suggestion, but try a LITTLE WD-40. I used it to get all the bugs off of my '00 GT 'Vert front bumper a few years ago. I drove into a swarm of them who were trying to escape the fires in Florida. (I was on the Interstate.)
I felt like I was in a war movie! All of a sudden they were there!

Anywho, WD-40 worked for me. (Caution: Use at your own risk!) :shrug:

Just my 2c...

StangVert00

The most important thing is to not let them stay on your paint tooo long. When I lived in Florida it seems I was hosing off my bumper at least once a day during love bug season. Those little buggers will etch your paint if you leave them on too long. The easiest way to remove them is to just to hose the bumber down really well removing as much of them as you can and then use your normal car wash detergent with something soft with like a sheepskin wash mitt that you can pick up at WalMart. Any quality wax will make it easier to remove the bugs next time around.

StangVert00 said:
Well, I will probably get a little heat from this suggestion, but try a LITTLE WD-40. I used it to get all the bugs off of my '00 GT 'Vert front bumper a few years ago. I drove into a swarm of them who were trying to escape the fires in Florida. (I was on the Interstate.)
I felt like I was in a war movie! All of a sudden they were there!

Anywho, WD-40 worked for me. (Caution: Use at your own risk!) :shrug:

Just my 2c...

StangVert00

WD-40 work's great for bug's,tar,stickers and etc. but just make sure you get the wd-40 off as good as possible because if it sits in the sun with the oil still on the paint, It will ruin it !

Use clay bar- Make sure you spray completely the surface you going to clean abd keep wet, wet, wet use clay bar by gently rubbing away bugs, tar or whatever. It doesn't hurt to spray the clay bar either. Keep kneeding the clay to keep clean. A little practice goes a long way. Practice on someone elese vehicle first. Meguires has a clay bar and spray that works unbelievably well:flag: