Bullet Proof Alky Inj.???

mightypoof

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Glendale, AZ
I got bored today at school and started to draw up an Alchohal injection system that is as safe as possible for the engine. Here is what I came up with, and some sources of parts that I could come up with my limited knowledge. Any othe ideas for sources of parts or comments on any mistakes I may have made or better ideas are apprecitated.

1-"Arm System" switch....alows pump time to build pressure.

2-"Low Pressure" switch....wont allow power to flow through if pressure is no up to par. Protects engine from boosting at high levels if there is no alky injection due to a bad pump or low fluid.....POSSIBLE SOURCE....ford A/C pressure switch, it has an adjustment screw from about 15-35 lbs. It has a power in and out, and doesnt let power out if pressure is to low topretect the compressor.

3-"System Armed" light...allows driver to know whether or not his alky injection is up to pressure and ready for use. plus it looks cool right?

4-"Go Baby Go" Turns on the alky injection system so it can spray "at will" as well as turns the Boost control Solenoid to high boost.

5-"Boost Control Solenoid" Needs to be a one in two out switch, not your avg. ON/OFF vacuum solenoid...source...cheap source unknown...

6-"Pressure switch" This is a switch that will be set at a certain PSI..say 15 lbs. When the boost hits 15 lbs, it will send power to the on/off solenoid (#8) to spary the alky inj.... SOURCE...I've heard some talk of the Over boost buzzer, but I dont know if it is adjustable or exactly how the wiring ect. of it works. A switch like this is easy to come by however.

7-"System spraying" light...lets the driver know exactly when the alky inj is sparying, which seems like a handy tool for tuning for such things as max. boost and what pressure to start spraying at.

8-"On/Off Solenoid" Simply starts and stops the flow of alky to the spary nozzle...Source... McMaster-Carr...

Any thing else I forgot...or imput??

• Sponsors (?)

That would be easy...but if you loose your spraying pressure and all of a sudden your running 20 lbs. of boost with nothing to help with detination then you could have some real trouble. Why not take the extra time to make a quality system? I dont want a half ass it kinda works car, do you?

P.S-Its not that comlicated if you look at it, its your basic alky injection system with a low pressure turn off switch to protect the engine.