Bullitt Suspension Kit Success!

Tru_Blue_104

Nov 13, 2003
MN
Hey everyone, just got done installing the Bullitt Suspension Kit (Front and rear springs, front struts, rear shocks, front and rear sway bars). The whole thing took about 5 hours to do with a lift and 2 pairs of hands.

Just a few interesting notes about the install....we did the rear first and were able to get the springs out without the use of a spring compressor. The new ones were quite a bit shorter, but much stiffer. I'm pretty sure the original springs were shot. I bought new prothane coil spring bushings, and it was a good thing I did because the ones on the bottom were completly worn through. Rear shocks went in without a problem of course.

Onto the front: The fronts were harder because we didnt have a coil spring compressor. We were able to get them out though, and again, the stock isolators were completely shot. Also, the new front springs were shorter than the old ones, but had a much higher rate. Interesting note though, the spring on the drivers side was broken in 3 places, and the bottom part of the isolator and spring was "welded" pretty much into the boot, but we eventually got it out, tough though. Front struts went in pretty straight, still not sure if I'll have to get an alignment.

Finished everything up with the new rear sway bar and new front one with new end links and polyurathane bushings.

The handling is amazing now, I really can't beleive it. It feels almost like a new car, looks like one too :). The ride is much stiffer, but not hard. I just have to wait a few days as the car settles into the bushings, but I think it will be sitting higher than before, with the stock setup. The reason I see for this is because they were bad. But it was way too low for me before anyways, plus it had a scrapping sound on hard bumps and dips.

Hope this provides someone with some useful info.

• Sponsors (?)

great to hera the good news about the successful install man but it is always good to get your alignment done afterwards. if you got a local community colloge nearby ask the auto professor if they are gonna cover alignment and see if you can get it done for free if you sit in for the class good luck