Buying a 93 Lightning

larrendeuce

Sep 13, 2003
Southern NJ
I posted a thread in 5.0 talk, but this is probably where I should have put it. :D

I'm gathering information on the lightnings so I can spot if its real or not. This one has dual bucket seats kinda like the thunderbird supercoupes, 2 aux coolers in front of the ac condensor. The GT-40 intake and heads on the 351. Headers and dual exhaust. What bothers me is the rear bumper is not tubular(thought they came with one) but rather a regular F-150 bumper. The lightning decals are after the rear tire closest to the tailgate instead of before the tire closer to the cab.

I'm going to look at it again today, anyone care to add?

• Sponsors (?)

Well i would get the vin go to the ford dealer and have them look it up they will tell you. The bumper situation would not worry me its 12 yrs old some one probably rearended him and he went the cheap way to fix it.

Its aschamed that ford had to supercharge a truck to get it to keep up with chevy. MAybe they'll get it right soemday. I really dont like the 93's as much> They just seem slow outta the hole. But to each his own.

This one didn't seem slow at all, its like a rocket. I have a large list to compare to, I used to detail for a dealership. F-250 with a V10, Ram 2500 with diesel, Yukon denali's, suburbans, Escalades, dakota with the 5.9, in comparison this is nice, loads of bottom end. All that aside, its a Ford, I know my way around and can work on it. :spot:

pony-inspired said:
Its aschamed that ford had to supercharge a truck to get it to keep up with chevy. MAybe they'll get it right soemday. I really dont like the 93's as much> They just seem slow outta the hole. But to each his own.

Uh, plz shut up, the Gen1 Lightning had no supercharger.

And to see if its a real Lightning the 8th digit in the vin will be an r.