"C" springs or "B" springs?

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
want to get new springs....wondering what the pros and cons are to the FMS c springs and b springs and how much each lowers car...

i plan on switching to 03 cobra wheels in the future

• Sponsors (?)

I have the C springs on my 4cyl car and I like them but it didnt drop very far. They were stiff as all hell for the first month I had them on there but they feel pretty good now. They will probably drop a little more on a V8 car but I wouldnt expect much more than an inch or so. My notch dropped probably 1" in back and 1/2" in front. They are real easy to install since they are shorter than the stock ones but I bet the B springs would require a compressor since they are variable rate.

Just had B springs put on mine this past weekend. Looks great. Looks like it dropped just over an inch. I'll post some pics later. Can't go wrong with the B springs.

DemonGT, my older brother lives in Sparta, WI. Must be a small world. I'll post up some pics once I get the Stang cleaned.

FMS C springs all the way...

Here is mine with the C springs with 1 coil cut off the rear springs.
772556_1.jpg

I got C Springs, and I'm very please with them... only drawback I've had was the rears rubbing my quads/sometimes tha tails (275s) but I added a 1/4" spacer and I haven't had a problem since... The fronts (245s) rub on the inner fender well like right in the front if I go over a big bump or something, just contacts the plastic fender well part, so no big deal... I'm very pleased with them.

379604_115_full.jpg

seems like i might like the B springs...but i like both...but i dont want it to low..dont want to buy camber plates ect...seems like the c springs are the most popular...havnt seen meny pics of cars with the b springs

how hard is it to install springs in front? can it be done easyly with spring compressors??

hamonkeiser - it really is a small world..as sparta is NOT very big...dose your brother have a stang??