CAI and Disconnect

Have a 2012 GT 5.0.

Over the weekend, will be installing a CAI. Before doing the install, instructions say disconnect negative terminal to battery. For the 45 minutes to do the install, what do I lose as far as settings go? Radio stations? Security settings, Computer settings etc etc???

I bought a Computer Memory Keeper which plugs into the cig lighter/power plug in the car. The Keeper has a 12 volt battery attached that when plugged in, is supposed to keep all memory setting from disappearing. Since I have to disconnect the MAP and re-connect it after the install, is there any power flowing thru it from the Keeper battery that might cause a problem or is all power to the MAP controlled via the ignition switch . . .which is always in the off position during the install??

Anybody who has done a CAI install would appreciate your thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

When doing any modification or repair that affects the air/fuel ratio the computer keep alive memory must be reset to ensure the new parameters are relearned properly. This means you will disconnect the battery and loose all your settings on your radio and what not. Using a memory keeper will not clear the computer memory.
There are two ways around loosing your settings if you are concerned with this. If you have a capable scan tool you can select reset keep alive memory on it. Be aware that selecting an option to clear codes will not clear the computer memory. The other option is to remove the computers memory fuse. I believe that is fuse number 23 in the under hood fuse panel on your car.