Car Got Stuck In Rev Today???

Jumped in my car today, started it, and put it in reverse. Backed up ten feet or so and the shifter wouldn't come out of reverse. After useing some force it came out, then shifted normal. Info: 2000 gt, 5spd with a tri ax shifter. 90,000 miles. Any ideas? I am going on a car rally 3rd week of June and really don't want any problems. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure. Was it the shifter itself? Or the button on the shifter wouldn't push? I know in my 98, when the transmission/engine is cold, my button doesn't like to push without extra force when it is in park.

Lol nice...did you order an adjustable cable or a factory one? If adjustable, make sure you keep an eye on the adjuting nut on the clutch fork end of the cable....they tend to back out if adjustment causing the cable to bind up and youll bw in the same postition your in now

They come with a double locking nut or something like that...my friend threaded the nut all the way to the cable on his then used locktite so it wouldnt back out...i tried that on mine but the clutch wouldnt engage for nothing...

I ended up putting the adjustable nut about in the middle of the threads...worked fine that way...it backed off a while after that but i readjusted it and it worked fine again....not sure of the proper place it should be...just keep on top of it and you shouldnt have any problems..i dont think its suppoed to have any free play but it cant be increadibly tight either...you dony want constant pressure on your throwout bearing