Roush carpet replacement

mrvids

Dec 7, 2004
Michigan
I am going to ask Santa for carpet for my 97 Saleen for Christmas, his two helpers offer molded and unmolded carpet. The elf that offers the non-molded has a better reputation (according to a coworker who has had his Buick worked on by both elves)and tells me I won't be able to tell the difference. The price is about $50 more from the elf installing the molded carpet. The original carpet is gray, if I've been bad this year I guess it'll be charcoal.

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me ( and this kid has installed carpet a million times ) I would have Santa just drop off the direct replacement pre molded carpet and do it myself. It's a super easy job and enjoyable because you can't mess it up.

Then use the "labor" money you were going to pay the elves and buy yourself a nice Saleen diff cover or some new plugs and plug wires.

I tried to do a carpet change in a '92 Mustang convertible, and while I didn't have trouble getting it put in correctly, it was all the trim parts that gave me trouble.
Things such as getting the "trees" lined up to hold the kick panels in place. But the 97 looks much easier. Is it? It looks like the sill panels and kick panels are pressed into place so I'd need to remove the console and seats is all, correct?

Yes,

The SN95 cars are a little easier as the center console comes out cleaner and the door sills as well. Just be wary of the knock off and not OEM replacement carpet as sometimes its a little smaller in the cut and you run into the problems you described before with the door sills.

Listen to Gary.

Buy the factory stuff. I believe it already has the correct holes also.

If the elves are short on cash and you go aftermarket, just set the new carpet right over the factory piece and cut away. It's so easy.

I am under the impression that the ones from ACC carpets are a damn close to factory match, with fairly easy install.
I haven't done it yet, but $100 for a molded carpet seems like a great deal.
I've been in cars with them, but never have inquired about the ease of the install.

I replaced the carpet in my '88 vert and my SSC about 4 yrs ago with the ACC sets. I don't remember having any problems with fitment. It went in real smooth in both cars and looks like the original. The biggest challenge I had was getting the rear seat bottom snapped back down in the vert.
good Luck