Cat-Back Time

RiffRaff04

Aug 21, 2004
S.C.
Ill be purchasing a cat-back system for my 04 cobra next week and i need some opinions. I had Flows and Steeda x-pipe w/ cats on my 99 GT and was pleased with the sound but I was listening to exhaust clips and I was really liking the Borla Stingers. I was definately going the x-pipe w/cats set up again, just didnt know if I should stick the Steeda or go with Magnaflow(been hearing really great things about em'). I know there is a significant price difference between the 2 but thats not my main concern. Just trying to get the Cobra sounding mean, but not redneck loud.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I had the Magnaflow system with the matching catted X. Its not loud at all IMO, not even at WOT. I thought it was a bit to wussy sounding compared to my later setup that was a Off Road H and a Mac Catback. Now that was MEAN as hell, not even red neck loud IMO .... So to conclude, if the Borlas are louder than the Magnaflows, DEFFINITELY go with the Borlas.

All the catbacks will give you about the same power gains, it really comes down to sound preference. As far as the Magnaflow exhaust not being loud, he is correct to a point. At idle and cruise it has a nice burble, but if you get on it, it screams, absolutely Much louder than stock. :nice: The stock cobra exhaust is without a doubt the quietest stock exhaust I ever heard on a mustang. :notnice: BTW, make sure you do the intake soon as well, if you have not already. Good Luck with whichever catback you choose. :banana: