cd wiring harness

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
Is this harness the right one for our cars? I do not have the mach 460 just the cassette and am/fm radio. I just bought a cd player and it came with this
imagew2.aspx

I am confused because on one end there are wires not plugs :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

looks like a pioneer to me.......

That is the radio harness. You need to go get the car side harness. From there you will just match up the colors.

Red-ignition
Yellow-12V
Black-Ground
White-left front +
White/black-left front -
grey-right front +
grey/black-right front -
purple-right rear +
purple/black-right rear -
green-left rear +
green/black-left rear -
Blue/white-amp turn on - power antenna lead(sometimes blue)

You do need to hook up the blue/white though. You don't have Mach, but some stangs still have a factory amp.

You can bypass the amp - good idea, if there are two identical plugs one black, one grey behind the factory radio, against the passenger side.

The part number you want from Circuit or Bestbuy - even Walmart I think
is a 70-1770 or equivalent........Wire them together, and you are set.

I just got the harness but have a few questions.

Does this just plug in somewhere behind the radio? There is a black one and a gray one, do they both plug in back there? Also how do I ground it? The harness that came with the cd player has a hook, like to screw it somewhere. Do I just cut off the end and wire it with my harness I got off of ebay?

Mustangless said:
I just got the harness but have a few questions.

Does this just plug in somewhere behind the radio? There is a black one and a gray one, do they both plug in back there? Also how do I ground it? The harness that came with the cd player has a hook, like to screw it somewhere. Do I just cut off the end and wire it with my harness I got off of ebay?

Both of those plugs you bought go to the car. The hook on the black wire gets cut and wired like the rest.

It may be hard to see, but on the passenger side wall, you will see a black plug similar to the one you bought. The grey one should have been plugged into the factroy radio. Unplug the black one from the dash, and there you go. You may need some light to see it. Its kinda in there.....

I think i see both of them behind the tape deck on the passangers side. Do the black and gray plugs pop out of a hole or something? I can't seem to get them unplugged. Is there a realese on it?

I only have the deck pulled out. The gray one is not plugged into the deck, it looks like it is right by the black one.

I got it all hooked up. Now i have to put it all of the way down in the hole. Hope it fits with all of those wires

Mustangless said:
I think i see both of them behind the tape deck on the passangers side. Do the black and gray plugs pop out of a hole or something? I can't seem to get them unplugged. Is there a realese on it?

I only have the deck pulled out. The gray one is not plugged into the deck, it looks like it is right by the black one.

I got it all hooked up. Now i have to put it all of the way down in the hole. Hope it fits with all of those wires

Yeah, they have a release. You can actually pull them off the wall. Don't be afraid to give them a good yank. They are easier to unplug away from the wall. Once you get those, you should be all set. Little tricky, but all those wires will fit. I had a radio, xm receiver, i-pod converter, and a power inverter come out that small space in my buddies 00 Roush.