Cheap gas or bad oxygen sensor?

Has anyone else had problems lately with their "check engine" light coming on after fueling up? I've had my 96 GT since March (and I love it) and never had this problem until a few weeks ago immediately after fueling up at a local RaceTrac. My local Auto Zone put it on their analyzer and said it was a bad oxygen sensor, but added that they had been swamped with customers with the same problem (and not just Mustangs) since oil prices went through the roof and bad fuel started showing up on the market.
Thinking I probably just had a bad tank of gas, I immediately added a bottle of fuel system cleaner/octane booster. A day and a half later, the light turned off while driving to work. Yesterday, while driving to work it came on again (I'm still on that same tank of RaceTrac gas). The GT seems to be driving fine, although it doesn't start as cleanly as it did when I first bought it. So what do you think; just bad fuel or do I really need to put some cash into one or more new oxygen sensors?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not my old Nissan...

True; I knew I'd take a serious hit to the MPG when I sold my 200SX and bought my 96 GT, but on my only road trip so far I averaged 27mpg and so far I'm averaging 16-17 in the city (where I do most of my driving). I can live with that; especially knowing what I'm driving.

OpalFrostStang said:
True; I knew I'd take a serious hit to the MPG when I sold my 200SX and bought my 96 GT, but on my only road trip so far I averaged 27mpg and so far I'm averaging 16-17 in the city (where I do most of my driving). I can live with that; especially knowing what I'm driving.

same here I do good considering its a V8 and all