Check your oil filter before you install it.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn you Guys are harsh...:lol:

Being a Manager at autozone myself Im no idiot ESPECIALLY when it comes to my mustangs. Im well known in my area and i got a lot mustangs to shop with me cause im a mustang guy myself... granted we do have idiots that i have to deal with (employees) that either know nothing about cars (the girls mostly) or are Honda guys and dont care about anything else but there 1.6 liter 4 bangers and how they sound like blenders. Being only 18 myself, im doing pretty good but i understand where you guys are coming from. Just whatever you do dont shop at Kragen...LOL:rlaugh:

I got no big problem with Autozone, If they got what I need on the shelf
whats the difference, I dont go there looking for advice. And for parts I will
go to Ford. Oh yeah I live 1 block away from Autozone.
I did go there looking for a NADA book recently and I asked the kid if they
have the new NADA book, he says whats that? So I drive over to the other
Autozone, same answer, whats that? Then I go to a 3rd Autozone, they
actually had 1 on the shelf, unwrapped so I just thumbed through it, got
the info I wanted and left.

SiLVeR_96 said:
Damn you Guys are harsh...:lol:

Being a Manager at autozone myself Im no idiot ESPECIALLY when it comes to my mustangs. Im well known in my area and i got a lot mustangs to shop with me cause im a mustang guy myself... granted we do have idiots that i have to deal with (employees) that either know nothing about cars (the girls mostly) or are Honda guys and dont care about anything else but there 1.6 liter 4 bangers and how they sound like blenders. Being only 18 myself, im doing pretty good but i understand where you guys are coming from. Just whatever you do dont shop at Kragen...LOL:rlaugh:

Trust me bro, I can relate..
I was a manager for Autozone for 11 years. I felt like a high paid babysitter. Oil , plugs, and air-freshner is all I bought from there the whole time I worked there.
Ive been at O'Reill'y's now for 6 years, and its a whole different ball game here. Not only are we more laid back and more family base. But we sell real parts, not knock-off 3rd line parts. And our uniform is 100% better....:D

Im don't do retail anymore, I do the wholesale side now. Its better just to deal with mechanics/shops all day long instead of idiots.

Sorry I always diss autozone, but I will never diss a zoner. I still have some friends that work there. But you do have to admit that most of their parts suck..

Outlaw97GT said:
Trust me bro, I can relate..
I was a manager for Autozone for 11 years. I felt like a high paid babysitter. Oil , plugs, and air-freshner is all I bought from there the whole time I worked there.
Ive been at O'Reill'y's now for 6 years, and its a whole different ball game here. Not only are we more laid back and more family base. But we sell real parts, not knock-off 3rd line parts. And our uniform is 100% better....:D

Im don't do retail anymore, I do the wholesale side now. Its better just to deal with mechanics/shops all day long instead of idiots.

Sorry I always diss autozone, but I will never diss a zoner. I still have some friends that work there. But you do have to admit that most of their parts suck..

I actually have a buddy that moved from autozone to napa and totally loves it i will probably be moving on to better things in a while, but for now the uniforms suck, the parts are mostly ****ty, But the worst part is the discount, Only 20%:mad: And nothing on VDP aka performance stuff:bang: where as at napa he gets parts at what the company buys it at from vendor.

Still i cant complain about the pay, being only 18, most of my check goes to me and my stang. BTW im now looking 4 a good Fox Body to mess with:D

Anyone dumb enough to ask teenage counter help in a retail store for advice on cars gets what they deserve :rlaugh:

Looking for parts, well like was said before, if your taking something off the shelf I don't have a problem buying at Autozone or any of the other retail places.