Chevy in a Ford thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

IBTL

Im a car guy, not a mustang guy, and it seems like every year mustang guys get a little more like mopar fairys.

just to clear this up, the LS motors can be build to make more power than any windsor motor for half the cost, thats why they are so popular. I feel like a chump for putting over 8k into my motor, when i could have went to the junkyard, got a 6.0 truck motorfor $1000, put a turbo on it and the car would be way faster. Im still happy with what ive got, but if you think i wont be buying another notch and putting a LS motor in it, then your nuts. I may just find an original 4 eye 5.0 and gut it and prime it for the LS swap

6.0 diesel :),to the OP, so your sayng as long as it isnt a different brand, then you wouldnt have any issue with me doing a 6.0 diesel swap into a notch would you, cause trust me, its gonna happen...

6.0 diesel :),to the OP, so your sayng as long as it isnt a different brand, then you wouldnt have any issue with me doing a 6.0 diesel swap into a notch would you, cause trust me, its gonna happen...

Just curious why would you do a 6.0, those diesels are notorious for nothing but problems, a friend of myne is on his 3rd set of head gaskets...

Just curious why would you do a 6.0, those diesels are notorious for nothing but problems, a friend of myne is on his 3rd set of head gaskets...

people who know diesels know that there isnt anything wrong with the engines when modded, why do you think hypermax used it for their ranger, true in stock trim then do need head studs but its hard to ignore the power numbers achived with those engines, i needed to do ALOT to my truck to get to 357rwhp, for a 6.0 a tune and head studs are all thats needed to get well over 450rwhp, with head studs those engine are rock solid, and at the price of 300 for them its easy
to do,

It amazes me how many people come on one of the largest Mustang lover sites in the world, brag about their bastard "custom" creations, and then get mad because people laugh at them. We laugh at them at the track. At work. I had a guy offer me $5500 cash for my 5.0 once. As soon as he said "I'll be putting a chevy crate motor in it" I shook my head and said "Not in this car you're not."

Do I care? No. It's laughable to me. Fords cost more to build because they don't run Dexcool. :D

Pfft.

Uhm. So you wouldn't be p.o'd if someone put a Honda engine in a Stang? Just because its fast?

Please and thank you in advance for dropping the "ricer" comments.

Back to adult land,

I'm not an adult because you ask ridiculous and off the wall questions? The last time I checked, most adults knew when and how to use an apostrophe correctly. You started this thread for attention, knowing topics like this are extremely divisive and usually garner huge amounts of varied responses. Starting a thread like this is akin to a 5 year old sitting on a swingset screaming and begging for his mommy to look at him while he swings.

66ACODE_SR20DET said:
just because a car is fast doesn't mean it should gain any respect. Hot-rodding is one thing. But dropping in another makes power into a Stang is just dumb. Really. If you want a SBC. Buy a Camaro. Its like people putting LS engines in RX7's. If I wanted a LS powered 2 seater, I'd buy a Vette. Same goes for Mustangs and Camaro's. Guess its just my up bringing in when guys had loyalty and pride in the make of their car. Now its just whatever makes it fast.

Just because a car is fast doesn't mean it should gain any respect? Really? Define respect. You're missing the entire essence behind the idea of hot rodding. Hot rodding started with the combination of two things: the Model T Ford and the small block chevy engine. Period. There's an argument to be made for the flathead, but to me that was the beginning of go-fast modification. The bottomline is true car guys like fast cars. I drive a Ford and love my coupe to death, anyone who has seen pictures of it can attest to that. But, I give credit where credit is due, and I appreciate a beautiful machine, no matter whos name is on it. This topic just seems to be lost on you.

maybe its because iam in the military and i like uniformity lol but i dont like inter brand engine swaps. Ford should have a ford and a chevy a chevy. i went to the track 2 years ago and saw a beautiful 70 duster with a 350 chevy swapped into it and that killed the car for me. on the same token i dont like new engines in old cars i think a 68 mustang should have an old school carbed motor in it. its not a matter of brand loyalty for me at all i daily drive a toyota tacoma and if i could get my hands on a clean rust free 68 roadrunner i would but for me i like brand uniformity i guess......... just my humble opinion. But just to clarify i respect the effort and the reason why people do swaps like this, its true the windsor ford is a VERY old engine platform limited by its age. The new mod motors are extremely pricey, a terminator cobra motor is over 10k last i checked. If its a swap that is done right how can you really fault it? i have seen people do big block ford swaps into foxes that came out so hacked and ****ty that you would wish the poor car had a lsx motor in it. It all comes down to opinion but you cant fault someone if they do a good job no matter whats between the shock towers.

i went to the track 2 years ago and saw a beautiful 70 duster with a 350 chevy swapped into it and that killed the car for me.

I like LS1's but I hate 350's (I guess it has to do with every redneck around here thinking the 350 is the end all of performance), I'd be irritated if I saw that.

Putting a Chevy engine in a Ford (or vice versa) just sounds plain redneck and ghetto to me. It pretty much tells me that the owner was either too cheap, lazy, or stupid, to build up the existing engine in the car.

To me there is nothing better than taking something that you already have and building it up to outperform the competition. IMO that is what makes the car hobby fun for me.

Dropping in an LS-1 in a car is too easy and seems half-assed. There no pride in that imo. :shrug:

There are so many things wrong with this post that reading it instantly gave me a throbbing headache. If you think doing an LS1 swap correctly is "cheap, lazy, stupid, easy, and half-assed" then you've obviously never attempted anything even resembling a project that size. Go to ls1tech.com and theturboforums.com and enlighten yourself as to the quality of the projects guys are doing across the country. I'm going to go take some aspirin...

We recently had a diesel show here in town. There was a 74-76 Camaro Z28 with a Cummins diesel in it.

91notchbackLX, I don't know why you're getting all pissing. I assumed by your rants you were 16yrs old. I didn't start this thread to start arguements or anything like that. I asked a simple question. Being that this is a FORD MUSTANG site I felt that the guys and girls on here were Mustang lovers. As for Hot-rodding you answered your own question. The Model T with a flathead started it. Not a SBC. And yes going with the much cheaper and easy to find junkyard LS engine is a cheap lazy route. Three guys have done them here in town with only worth the time to look at. (Speed wise) Each got their engines from the junkyard. While Cobra's and even GT Stangs aren't as plentiful in junkyards.

Eh, owell. Later

everyone has opinions right? mine is no cross breeding!if you caint make power with a ford engine then your doing something wrong.is it more about you caint make power?or you wanna make power cheap? grow a mullet and buy chevy then!i can respect ANYTHING thats fast and makes power but makes belongs with makes!i did see somewhere on here years ago a guy put a bad ass turbo ford motor in a camero,thought it was cool he did what everone else does oposite but still not right! kinda like all the dumb ass's that use chevy engines in the old ford rodsters :nonono: everytime i see a cross breed i turn my head and think why! as i watch pinks on TV there is several of these chevy powered stangs and they race a chevy powered chevy,guess who i hope wins? definitly not the stang! to me it's a POS just because it is corrupted by chevy!peace

john:p

Status
Not open for further replies.