Chrome/Leather Shift Knob

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, I should also add, that I plan to (somehow) mod this knob to work on an automatic transmission. Now that I think about it, has anyone seen any other nice shift knobs for an auto? And thanks for all your help Ryan218, I appreciate it.

you can put a normall knob on a auto but the booton to press to take it out of gear is always pressed. You just need to push down on the knob and tighten the set screws. I did this on my old tempo because when I bought it the T-handle with the botton on the side was missing.

Well that's an easy idea. What I was planning was to make it so I push the entire knob down to move the shifter, but this sounds a lot easier. Maybe I'll do it that way. Would it cause any damage though doing that? If I don't mess around I mean. Cause obviously, putting it in reverse while doing 60mph can't be good.

Ask Mansonozz... He has something similar on his auto if memory serves me right. Also that one on redline goods is similar if not the same as the MGW. Its plastic not leather.

PS: I have redline goods shift and ebrake boot, and although they arent in the car, they do look and feel very nice. Cant wait to get them in and finally use them!

me27821 said:
The pic I posted was from... http://www.redlinegoods.com/shiftboot.htm Which I seriously suggest you guys check out. They have an amazing custom selection, and the end result is great. Only complaint I have is they have a pic of this nice shift knob, that I can't find anywhere. MGW sells this... http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_gripper_shift_knob.shtml Close, like I said, but I like the extra chrome ring.

wow...the CF looks nice on this one!!

Mustang8793-01.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang8793-01.jpg
    Mustang8793-01.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
grey5.0beast said:
the metal shift knobs get wayyyy too hot in the summer, try to drive home with a 120* knob, its not fun, I switched back to stock.

I agree....it sounds funny but it's not when you forget about the scalding knob and burn your damn hand. My friend has one, he has to put a friggin rag over it in hot weather.....actually that is kind of funny, lol.:lol: