classic car insurance for crappy drivers?

72mach1

Founding Member
Aug 6, 1999
Snohomish Wa UsA
so, I'm 23, have a dui in cali, an at fault accident, and maybe a ticket or two, and I'm trying to insure a bright red 72 mach1 with a 351c v8.....sounds like a joke right? well, IF anyone would insure me, what rates would it be at (Wa state)?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't even know if you could find insurance in California with that record. Maybe try one of those offshore company's? You probably would never get your car replaced or repaired, but at least you would have the "insurance card" to show to the officer when you get pulled over.

Is the car your daily driver or weekend cruiser?

You could try Hagerty or Grundy (i think), if it is just a weekend cruiser. I have HAgerty on my '72 coupe. I don't remeber them asking about my driving record. Which is clean by the way.

If it's a daily driver you may have a difficult time. Have you checked all the major companies, Allstate, state farm, nationwide, geico etc?

joeguz said:
i dont know if its the same in Cali but in NY you need 10 yrs driving experience for classic

Sure about that? I havent even been driving for 10 years, and I was able to insure my 1975 TR6 with no problems. If its not a daily, definatly call up Condon and Skelly. Its 100 dollars a year for the TR6, and will be 88 a year for the Mustang :hail2: