cLEANING eNGINE bAY

• Sponsors (?)

a lotta people like to use simple green....i just took an old armor-all spray bottle or something like that and filled it like 1/4 way with car soap, and the rest with warm water...then closed it and shook it for a while to make a VERY concentrated solution....i found that this took off a LOT of **** that was hard to clean.....

urban96 said:
simple green and either a steam cleaner or pressure washer

if you use a steam cleaner be very careful. someone did that to mine when I bought it and water got into the distributor and killed the bearing in it. it also sure didn't help the idle pulley either as it went south about the same time.

Steam cleaners are very bad to use, infact I've heard from sountless amounts of people that you should not use a steam cleaner for the reason listed above, and the steam will mess up some electronics.

Just spraying and hosing it off with simple green wont work, and neither will a pressure washer alone. Sure the pressure washer will get the dirt off, but if its oily/greasy then you'll have to scrub it with a degreaser. No easy way around it

stprorolla49 said:
a lotta people like to use simple green....i just took an old armor-all spray bottle or something like that and filled it like 1/4 way with car soap, and the rest with warm water...then closed it and shook it for a while to make a VERY concentrated solution....i found that this took off a LOT of **** that was hard to clean.....
since there was no degreasers at my house, i just did the same. It worked pretty dam good. and i didn't even have to worry bout it getting on the paint.im always scared its gonna **** up the paint.