Clutch Cable Problem after Clutch Replacement?

Timin

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2001
Houston
I put on the Steeda Firewall adjuster and got it to the place I like it to engage at. The pedal vibrates when driving and on startup, and I have still not figured out this problem. At 68k I wouldn't think the clutch cable itself would need to be changed? My friend said that the cable itself seemed loose and that it should be tighter. Could a loose cable be causing the clutch pedal to vibrate? If so how can I tighten it?

• Sponsors (?)

I think that you are supposed to change to an adjustable clutch cable when you install either the firewall adjuster or the clutch quadrant. Also, I had to trim the plastic part of the clutch cable that goes into the firewall when I replaced my clutch cable. I did all three at the same time. Otherwise the ONLY other way to adjust the cable is using the quadrant uinder the dash. To do this you pull up on the clutch pedal and it automatically adjusts.

Clay

Yea I messed with the quadrant and messed with the engagement there too. If I went to far it started to make the loud ticking noise just like the TOB's sound on our cars, so I moved it back far enough so that it wouldn't make the noise. The clutch engaged where I wanted it to, but then I noticed the Pedal would vibrate on cold startup and make a loud tapping noise. So I ordered the Firewall adjuster and it quieted the tapping noise on startup, but the pedal still vibrates some on start and while driving. So I guess that is my final problem is the pedal vibration that I am receiving.

-Karl