Cobra R bumper (pics)

merc123

Jan 27, 2003
North GA
As promised like months ago, here's what my Cobra R bumper looks like

Before
S3010725.JPG

After 6 months. The driver's side had someone back into it...
cobrar_paintpeel.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

guess the opposum got decapitated...poor bastard.

It was already dead. I hit it as soon as I got back from Iraq when I was on vacation in Florida. Came around a turn and there it was. That opposum hit the bumper, h-pipe, drive shaft, mufflers, rear end and managed to get some of it on the rear bumper (on the inside of it). It stunk for about 2 weeks. I couldn't pressure clean it off. If you'll notice the part where the opposum hit actually discolored more than the rest of it.

Well, I know driving 'behind' you, the road ahead is cleared ..... :rlaugh: Seriously .. That really sucks. The car looked so good too.:(

Looking forward to the SALEEN set-up. Shouldn't be as bad.

Yeap, the county called asking me to work part time as a snow plow :) I'm just waiting for someone in that atlanta traffic I drive in daily to gab on their cellphone and WHAM. Rearend me. Saleen kit for free!

If you lived around here it would be really easy, people cant drive at all, kinda makes me enjoy having a truck because if they hit me the only damage is to them cuz my hitch is gonna hurt.. if they go under that they get tips and wheels. I need to get smashed so i can get another stang....

That bumper looks good but there's no way I'd put it on my car. It wouldnt survive getting out my driveway.

Thats what i thought too when i got the cobra r, my parents live on a rock road and has some ruts cut out from their 4x4's and i would go in 1st gear letting it almost idle and still scraped the bottom every now and then, it really changed my driving habits alot when i got it, made be really careful

Well, I know driving 'behind' you, the road ahead is cleared ..... :rlaugh: Seriously .. That really sucks. The car looked so good too.:(

Looking forward to the SALEEN set-up. Shouldn't be as bad.

...ever think of going up north and plowing? i think you can make some good cash money.:nice:
i hope you fix it though, i think i looks bad-ass.

It's crazy low with 17 inch wheels for sure. With 18's though it picked it up and I don't scrape hardly at all any more. I've pretty much learned where I can and can not go with the car. It's awesome though when there's paint on it though.

my stalker bumper was sooo bad, and now i have the roush, so im going to drive so slow and never over bumps and stuff. i couldnt imagine that one.

i kwno what you mean - the bottom at the fornt of mien is all scraped up :( i cant even drive forwards out of my driveway, i ahve to back out and cut the wheel.

going out my bumepr sometiems scrapes, going in my prochamber sometimes scrapes. I CANT WIN!!!