Cobra R rims on eBay

Has anyone on the forums bought the Polished Cobra R rims they have on eBay for like $800.00? They look really comparable to chrome but I can't really tell if they are decent or not. Anyone with experiences or pictures?

Also, anyone wanting to part with 17x9 Chrome Cobra R's near New Jersey on the cheap?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running 18x9 Cobra Y2k polished rims. I love them. Nobody knows the difference between them and chrome. They are very very shiny. As for cleaning. I've waxed them once, they do not collect dirt or anything, you do not need to polish them everytime either. When you wash your car, run over them with a sponge, no dif them chrome, and there clean. If i were to do it all over again, I'd buy polished aluminum again. Absoluetly no regrets. Love them

I would like to see a comparison with chrome. Chrome gives a mirror like finish. I have had polished wheels and chrome and can say I am a huge fan of chrome, polished unless zoop sealed (or similar) will end up needing a polishing. I am not knocking the polished I just had a hell of a time keeping mine up!

I plan to buy some Weld Prostars for the track and will have them chromed before ever running them!

I'm not saying your wrong. But i have the polished aluminum 18x9 cobras and i have absolutely no problem with upkeep. I really dont. I waxed them once when i took them out of the boxes and i drive mine daily. To work, school, golfing everything. Even on the light gravel golf course parking lot. It doesn't collect dirt or dust or nothing. I never have to wax them either. Just once a year like my paint. So i highly rec them. I love them. As for comparsion. When i go to local car shows, every hot rodder there said, "hey you put some shiny chrome rims on hu?" nope polished aluminum. I really love them.

i've got 17x9 chrome Cobras, and i love how they look. that said...
Good - stay shiny longer, don't seem to get dirty as quick, more shine than aluminum
(unless you're willing to polish ALL the time) easy cleaning
Bad - Curbs! i've hit a few curbs (usually ones under a bit of snow!) and they chew the hell out of the rims. can't really be fixed. looks like **** when its not moving, like a big ol' beaver got a hold of my cobras! i won't rotate my tires because i don't want the good side gettin f'd up! aluminum rims can be repaired fairly easily.