COBRASK8 Conquers Summit Point Race Track

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
A Racing School & Open Track at the Shenandoa Circuit. I was an Instructor all weekend, as well as able to run the Cobra in the Instructor's run group, which is pretty much un-restricted.

I had a variety of students with cars from a brand new BMW M3 to a race prepped 1987 Mustang 5.0 LX that was noisy & fun! An unusual occurence was three bad wrecks, including a brand new BMW M5! Teaching was a great experience, I am hooked on instructing, and can't wait to do it again!:nice:

The Cobra was a track animal. Once I got comfortable with the track, and how the Cobra ran & where it liked to turn & brake in the corners, it was a rocket! 120 MPH on the redline in 3rd gear, fabulous brakes, the the slicks stuck like glue. Cobrask8 is turning into avery competent track car! How much longer can I keep it street legal?:shrug:

This was my last racing event of the year, Cobrask8 has been returned to street trim in time for a covered bridge tour this up-comming weekend. Back to Civillian duty!

Here are some pics from the fun!

View attachment 357917

View attachment 357919

View attachment 357921

SummitPointTurn12600.jpg

View attachment 357925

• Sponsors (?)

My door number is "C8" is a referral to myself.

If I paint it, more of when I can find the money, it will be a color very similar to Indian fire, but I will keep the stripes like it has now.

WHOA!

Can you see the carnage at The Glen; as "Ninja Dee" knocks out competitors left and right with her '94 Civic??? :eek:

Some poor guy emerges from the shattered remains of his 911T; babbling, "It was black, like Dale Earnhardt Sr's car..... It put a donut on my left door; it put a donut on my right door; it came back to the left and slammed me into the wall ! Then it went after that multi-colored 24 car! " :D :D :D

No way am I going to instruct D!!!! It's like you telling Tink how to ride a horse. Sure, she'll allow you to bable, but will she pay attention?

I will send her to a school, and observe!

Mongo!

Damn, it's been a bunch! How are you? What's new on your end?

Yep, I'm getting loonier with that Cobra!

I'm still in exile out here on the West Coast. My 6-9 month business trip that began in April 2005 is still going and going and going...

Last fall when I thought I was going home, I shipped the Mustang back east where it is still sitting and sitting, and sitting...

Someday I may actually get to come home!

That's sweet, I can honestly say i have never even driven on a track, the closest i have ever come to track duty was coming off the 135 exit ramp to 54 highway AkA 400. That would be so much fun, don't know that it will ever happen tho. I was wondering how long you had planed on keeping it street legal, its starting to look like a track animal. :nice: