COBRASK8'S first track day Friday

• Sponsors (?)

I'm happy to report the Cobra has lost none of it's track prowess, maybe improved a little with the new slicks & wider rims.

Right off the trailer it was fast. Scary fast. It took the driver (me) a full session to get comfortable with the car again, and another two sessions to get back to really carving the corners, one hard shot of brake, and hammering it out. The car didn't miss a beat, and I ran it clean out of gas by mid-afternoon.

I'm happy to report there seems to be no permanent effects from the wreck, and now for more fun at longer tracks with turn 9's in them!

I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Hi All!

Some pics from the event, I am hoping to get some better ones, but at least proof!

Cobrask8Readytogo400.jpg

View attachment 386086

CART20072.jpg

View attachment 386088

Congratulations! I know it feels good to get back in the driver's seat.

You mentioned slicks in the back, are you running bias ply tires? When I have some cash I'd like to do this type of racing, but it's far more costly than going in a straight line.

Best of luck. Let me know if you make it towards the Philadelphia area this summer. I'd like to check it out.

Proof nothing......all I see are a photo of Cobrask8 (or a clever mock-up) parked in your driveway, a photo of you next to the nose of a gray Cobra-look-a-like with the alleged striping theme you like and two blurry, indistinct photos of a gray cobra-look-a-like on the track, one of which looks like the cobra-look-a-like is getting spanked by a Honda!:eek:

Therefore in my Blue Fuzzy logic, those photos are NOT definative proof that you ran the rebuilt Cobrask8 (if indeed it HAS been rebuilt) at the Poconos track.:nonono:

Better luck next time Dan ( if Dan IS your real name!):D

Proof nothing......all I see are a photo of Cobrask8 (or a clever mock-up) parked in your driveway, a photo of you next to the nose of a gray Cobra-look-a-like with the alleged striping theme you like and two blurry, indistinct photos of a gray cobra-look-a-like on the track,...
Yeah, the "graphics package" looks suspiciously like a photochop - either that or it's just the crappy 14" display on this (company) laptop!
... one of which looks like the cobra-look-a-like is getting spanked by a Honda!:eek:
Now see, if the Honda were black, it would add creedence to Dan's story.

Because a black Honda could mean that Dan was "getting spanked" (just a term, I don't mean it literally) by Deanna! :rlaugh: