Cold Air Intake Problem!

Hey guys!

Have a quick question...

My Brother and I just installed my E-Bay CAI on my Stang, and everything was well. At least, so we thought.

Everytime I started to slow down/brake, I would hear this flopping sound, kind of like a rubber boot under the hood shaking or something. Didn't sound good.

After a few hours or so, it started doing it even while idling. So I thought perhaps it could be a leak.

So we checked it out, and the gasket between the mass air and first part of the tube that inserts into the fender, was sticking out on the top, and left a little gap between the two. So we loosened the bolts on the CAI and mass air, and fitted that in there. All was well, and then it started again.

So we looked into the throttle body being the problem, and with moving the CAI around, it will stop, and start again. You can tell by getting inside the car with the windows up. It's more than loud enough to hear outside the car as well, but better on the inside.

We made sure the rubber fittings were on there all the way, and tightened really nice, and everything is fine, but I'm still hearing this air leak...

Any ideas? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Is the MAF sensor connector hitting anything? I had a problem with my MAC one with the sensor housing hitting the a/c line. It did it so hard theres a dent in the housing where it was hitting so that made a noise. So long as its installed with the gasket and everything is tight, I'd start checking for loose stuff around it.

Everything looked fine earlier while I was washing the car, but it's too dark to tell now.

It's not making the noise anymore, except for when I turn the car off, and when I go into reverse. No biggie there, and I plan on looking around the MAF sensor tomorrow when I get a chance.

Thanks for the comments! :)