Roush Confusing Saleen for sale

• Sponsors (?)

That car & dealership is literally right around the corner from me in Rancho Santa Fe (a suburb of San Diego). I saw it on eBay yesterday & was thinking about dropping by the dealership to check it out this weekend.

SVT Saleen said:
That car & dealership is literally right around the corner from me in Rancho Santa Fe (a suburb of San Diego). I saw it on eBay yesterday & was thinking about dropping by the dealership to check it out this weekend.

Yea,

I know Rancho Santa Fe well. My uncle just moved from there. There are NO auto dealerships allowed within the city limits so I'm assuming this guy has his dealers license working out of an office. Check it out, I'm curious.

As for the car Mr. Lightning is correct. An added blower I bet and a mis-informed used car guy trying to get by on limited info. I bet if you show up he will tell you it has a "special Saylean" transmission" too! :D

marcus95 said:
Yea,

I know Rancho Santa Fe well. My uncle just moved from there. There are NO auto dealerships allowed within the city limits so I'm assuming this guy has his dealers license working out of an office. Check it out, I'm curious.

As for the car Mr. Lightning is correct. An added blower I bet and a mis-informed used car guy trying to get by on limited info. I bet if you show up he will tell you it has a "special Saylean" transmission" too! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

marcus95 said:
Yea,

Well, I did just that, Marcus, returning from the dealership about an hour or so ago. It was such a gorgeous day here today that I couldn't avoid taking a top-down cruise in the Saleen Cobra.
As luck would have it the dealership is usually closed on Sunday but as I was pulling into the lot, the salesman had just arrived for an appointment to show another vehicle.
The dealership is a small exotic car dealer located in a small shopping center on the outskirts of Rancho Santa Fe & Fairbanks Ranch, so it's not directly in RSF. They also had a couple of Aston Martin DB convertibles to die for.
Anyway, the listed Saleen Speedster was still on the lot & appeared to be in overall pretty good condition; not surprisingly considering it had just a tick over 14,000 original miles. The supercharger appeared to be original & the salesman claimed it as such. Since I'm not up on the VIN's & OEM equipment, I can't say for certain.
The salesman was a pretty nice guy & we talked about the car, Saleens & other automotive stuff in general. He admitted that the car was not legal for resale in CA due to the original owner removing the catalytic converters, but that if someone within CA were to buy it, the dealership would have them reinstalled. I noted that the tailpipes were uneven in the rear valence cut-outs so I looked underneath & immediately spotted a pair of what appeared to be Flowmaster mufflers. Obviously the original owner replaced the entire exhaust system, which explained why it sounded much more robust when the salesman started it up than a standard Saleen would sound. I declined taking it for a test drive since I wasn't really interested in buying it.
The salesman stated that the eBay auction is now within a couple thousand $$$ of the dealership's reserve price & that there has been alot of interest in it, both locally & via their advertisements.