Cosmetics, Aesthetics, RIMS!

351carlo

Mar 9, 2004
Philadelphia
So, I love my Magnum 500 rims. They are original Ford rims in the 14x7 variety. I do however drive the car hard, VERY hard. The rims are heavy and I am going to buy a set of Prostars eventually.

Well a guy wants to trade a set of chrome magnum 500 rims for his new set of Prostars.

What are my original 1970 Magnum 500 rims w/ centercaps worth? They're in GOOD condition, with just a few minor dings and no noticeable rash that I know of. No serious flaws, but they're not show quality (Some black paint is dinged, but very slightly. I'd go to cruises with them just not enter high end shows).

Would you make the trade? Money is a bit tight since I have to spend 2500 on a new trans setup (C4/converter/shifter....) and another 1000 or so on a roll bar and harnesses.

• Sponsors (?)

Ah come on... nobody knows what a set of Magnum 500's go for these days?

They're original Ford's in GREAT condition. I don't want to lose them, but the car's not original so cash in hand and a set of 15 inch repo's is fine.

being that they are 14 inch they aren't worth a whole lot but they are originals so that counts for something especially to someone doing a concours resto and needing numbers matching. that said i would guess that they would bring about $800 with good tires. so a trade for pro-stars with tires would be fair.