Crazy Speedo then stall 2003 Cobra

Creepy847

Apr 27, 2007
Today I go outside and warm up my 2003 SVT. Car starts fine and I walk back into the house. 5 min later I come out and as I walk up to the car it stalls out.

I fire her back up and notice right away that the speedo needle is going from 0 to 160 back and fourth.

I shut her down and restart. Same thing. The rpm needle is fine but the speedo is going from 0 to 160 back and fourth.

Again shut down and restart samething. I try to shift the car into reverse to back up and it wont shift over to reverse. Orignal stock tranny. Shut the car down again and try to shift the car into reverse. It shifts fine.

Also the car starts to stall after a min or two. I dont force it to run with applying throttle I let it die.

Now I start the car up again. Same thing crazy speedo needle and wont shift over to reverse or 6th. Feels like its blocked. Car finally stalls out again.

I check the Clutch and it feels good. I just replaced the clutch last year. Car is not driven hard either.

I start her back up and samething. Shut her down and I can then shift to reverse or 6th.

Now I get out of the car take a break. Come back out 10 min later and I start her up. All seems fine the speedo is where it suppose to be and I can shift into reverse or 6th.

Take the car out to my buddys shop. Run test and it comes back with no codes. I throw a new battery in her while Im there cause the battery is getting old.

Drive the car around after that for about an hour and have nomore issues.

I cant find much on it online so I thought I would ask you guys if anyone of you have ever seen anything like this.

Car seems rock solid and I havent had a single issue shifting into any gear or noise.

Yesterday I was out most of the day in the car and all was fine.

Like I said when I walked out today this all happened after I started it up.

So far its fine and its been afew hours. I did read somewhere that it could be a battery issue. Last week we did new spark plugs and required maintence and the cars been fine since.

So with that said if any of you gentleman can shed some light on this I would be greatful. I just dont wanna be driving it like this if theres something thats about to break and leave me on the side of the road if its something I can fix now.

Thanks and again sorry this was so long.

Creep847
2003 Cobra SVT

• Sponsors (?)