Cruise Control

• Sponsors (?)

All the fuses are good. Everything is hooked up good. However, under my dash there was a grey connector that's just dangling there and I couldn't find anything for it to connect to so I have no idea what it is for.

Its cheaper to pay an auto electric shop to figure out whats wrong then if possible fix it your self. I just did one on my stang last spring, the sevro unit was NFG and it's located under the left front fender tucked up against the fire wall. It's a pain in the ass to swap out. I also just replaced the same unit on a 93 Areostar mini van much easier to get at. If its the sevro unit it'll run you maybe $50 to $60 bucks at a wreckers, new $300 to $400 from Ford!

AP1995V6 said:
Can I just take out all the cruise wiring and stuff from the dash back? If it's not going to work, and I don't care too much if it does or doesn't, I might as well get rid of some of the clutter.

Don't just get rid of them! Atleast rewire them to be a volume up/down and cd/radio/dvd controls, much more useful then cruise control anyway I think

He may not use it much, but If you paid for it, you still want to to work.

My Stepdad had a Camry, bout it in 88 brand new, used the cruise control once in 97 and the thing never worked again.

Cruise Control Inoperative:

Blown fuse
Short or open in the cruise conrol circuit
Faulty brake or clutch switch
Leaking vacuum circuit
Faulty cruise control switch
Faulty stepper motor
Faulty transducer
Faulty speed sensor
Fulty cruise control module

My 98s cruise has been out of commision since 99. I've checked the fuses and discovered that ford mislabeled the fuses in the car, owners manual, and even the shop service manuals (At least on the 98s). The fuse for the cruise is good, but cruise control don't work.The fuse that is supposed to be for the powered drivers seat is blown, and blows immediately every time I replace it, yet the seat still works. It's been a couple years since I looked at it, but I beleive the cigarette lighter is supposed to on the same fuse as the seat and the lighter doesn't work. Very strange.

:My 98s cruise has been out of commision since 99. I've checked the fuses and discovered that ford mislabeled the fuses in the car, owners manual, and even the shop service manuals (At least on the 98s). The fuse for the cruise is good, but cruise control don't work.The fuse that is supposed to be for the powered drivers seat is blown, and blows immediately every time I replace it, yet the seat still works. It's been a couple years since I looked at it, but I beleive the cigarette lighter is supposed to on the same fuse as the seat and the lighter doesn't work. Very strange.

I have the same problem with my 98. The drivers seat controls work and so does the curise control but neither of the lighters work and I've looked in the manuel to check the fuse but it isn't listed in there. If you guys know which fuse it is let me know thanks.