Damn Insurance Company

GM Dude

Jan 15, 2004
Sanford, MI
I got my statement the other day from State Farm, who before kept showing only my parents on the policy of the Mustang, even though I owned the car. My Insurance Before was $65 a month, guess what, ITS A FREAKIN $170 A MONTH NOW with no points or accidents :mad: I am so pissed off. Even before they told me it was only going to be $152 a month when I first got the car, and that GT insurance would have been $175, they jumped it almost $20 extra for a V6!!!!!!!!!! Anybody have a company that'll insure a 18 year old for cheaper than state farm? :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the real world!

The only reason you were paying $65/mo for the insurance before is that State Farm didn't know you were driving it. If you had gotten into an accident driving it, chances are they would have denied coverage.
Statistically, guys younger than 25 are the most likely to have an accident, so they're the most expensive to insure. The fact that it's a Mustang only makes it worse (rear wheel drive, larger car can cause more damage, expensive headlights/taillights, etc).

$170/mo sounds about right for this situation. I doubt if you'll be able to do better with someone else. If you have your heart set on driving this car at this point in your life, you'll have to tough it out and pay the money. The only way to dramatically lower the insurance bill is to drive a four-cylinder car with no GT, turbo, or Sport packages.

When I moved from Ca to I had a 67 v8 and 2002 jetta and was paying 190 a month. I got to Fl. and it went to 342 a month just for the jetta. That's more than the car note was. Allstate and statefarm are expensive. I got rid of the jetta ( it was a heap of ****) and got a focus. They still wanted 250 a month. I got mercuray and it went down to 85 a month for better coverage.
Although my friend was in your position a few years ago and toughed it out and is paying 85 a month for full coverage on a 67 mustang and explorer. Go figure.

What you're paying is relatively cheap compared to what others are paying for similar cars, similar policies, similar drivers. A lot of what you are paying has to do with location as well and how much driving you are doing and for what purpose.

You could go with cheaper insurance from somewhere aelse, but then pray that nothing happens to you, your car, or your passengeers as what you are covered for won't be much at all.

I have Allstate, full coverage, $250 deductible, free glass, a huge speeding ticket, no accidents, 5 miles from work, over 35 yrs. old = $74/mo.

I'm a 17 year old V6 Mustang owner with insurance at $382 every 6 months. :nice: That works out to be around $63.67 a month.. This is under my name but i'm joined onto my parents policy which includes lovely bonuses such as multi-car discounts. I have Shelter Insurance and no speeding tickets **NOT YET (cops cant keep up :rlaugh: ! haha jk)! **KNOCK ON WOOD** or wrecks.. so im as clean as the virgin mary!

**edit: oh yes i live in the great state of Kansas!**

I went shopping for insurance on the GT, and for my OWN policy I was looking around 180ish a month, clean record and 23 years old. Fortunately I could still get on with my parents insurance which made things much less. This is in WA, I really don't know, but I would think that since it's rains as much here, there might be a fair amount of accidents. Location is definately a big factor. What I did, was ask a bunch of people around my age what they paid for there car and there plan and company. This helped me find better insurance.

I pay 600 every 6 months for a liabilty covered 94 f150 listed as primary driver and full coverage on a 94 gt vert and 94 v6 coupe from all state. I'm 22 with no points. I also have my condo insurance from them so I get the multipolicy discount and multi car discount.

GM Dude said:
Thats the thing, I am still on my parents insurance, even though I own the car. If I was off my parents insurance it'll be $1800 every 6 months.

Damn man, just drop full coverage and drive carefully.

I'm on my parents policy, 18 years old, 310 every 6 months for my 2001 v6. Multi-car discount, good driver discount, good student discount, makes it pretty dang nice.

My insurance was going to be 300/mo for a 97 GT. It's because of the high insurance that I'm not driving a Mustang. My insurance for a '99 Protege is like $120/mo on my mom's policy (she had an accident a couple years ago, that may have made it more expensive).

On my own policy, a 99+ V6 would probably be $250/mo or so for liability only. Just be happy its less than $200/mo.

Niterydr85 said:
Dude, all of you guys are lucky. I live in maryland and I am 19 on my own policy. I am payin $299/month which just dropped from $430/month.

Oh yea did I mention I have a CLEAN RECORD!!
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :eek: Thats what my boyfriends parents paid when he had an accident, he was 17 at the time and he was even on his parents insurance! Insurance companies rape people!

I am on my parents insurance.... I pay about $550 every 6 months and I'm 21... but my deductable is $500 and I'm also female so that makes a difference.

Niterydr85 said:
Dude, all of you guys are lucky. I live in maryland and I am 19 on my own policy. I am payin $299/month which just dropped from $430/month.

Oh yea did I mention I have a CLEAN RECORD!!
i feel ya man im in MD too(damascus) with allstate and mine is over 300/month, perfect record for myself and my sister and my parents havent had any violations or tickets in years. im 18 and we have 4 cars on their insurance.... oh and thats including their good student "discount" :notnice: .