Dang I wish I had some change right about now.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car.

I have 2 1965 Mustangs with straight sixes. Nice little motors but don't expect alot better gas milage. I believe that my 91 5.0 got better milage than my 65 vert. But talk about easy to work on. You can change the oil filter with out getting under the car.:nice:

I dont know how you could drive that car with a v6 still in it. All my old school Camaro's got 350's which are H/C/I cars but I couldnt imagine having to listen to a weak little 6 underneath the hood. I'm sorry but a car like that deserves a real motor. Not saying v6s couldnt outrun my Camaro's or whatever you want to say, but just the sound and raw power of an all motor v8 is what a classic really is in my mind.

It's a nice car, but would be a hole helluva lot nicer with at least a 289 under the hood.

Batterystang said:
I dont know how you could drive that car with a v6 still in it. All my old school Camaro's got 350's which are H/C/I cars but I couldnt imagine having to listen to a weak little 6 underneath the hood. I'm sorry but a car like that deserves a real motor. Not saying v6s couldnt outrun my Camaro's or whatever you want to say, but just the sound and raw power of an all motor v8 is what a classic really is in my mind.

It's a nice car, but would be a hole helluva lot nicer with at least a 289 under the hood.

Learn about em before you bash em. No Mustang from 1965-1973 ever had a V6. They are good little motors and with the exhaust set up that he has on their it sounds pretty good. The inline 6s that ford made are very smooth running, and the 200 i know can turn some pretty decent rpm. Damn thing has 7 main caps on it, one at the front, one at the back and one in between each rod journal.

There are some inherent problems with Fords design, the intakes on the small sixes suck since they are cast into the head. But with some mods they can be pretty quick even with no power adders. I have seen a 200 inline six make just shy of 240 rwhp, granted not the most streetable car, and the torque was through the roof.

In fact they had a lady with a 64 Falcon, same chassis and driveline as a Mustang, with a 200 a small turbo and some other supporting mods and the car went low 12s.

They are great motors that take quite a beating and keep on ticking.