Dash Squeak

dalton13

Apr 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
My 2000 Saleen has the most annoying squeak in the dash, up close to the windshield. If I keep pressure on it downward, it seems to go away. Somedays it is worse than others. I don't have a strut tower brace, and I have heard this may be part of the problem. Any other ideas?

forums-saleen.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

dalton13 said:
My 2000 Saleen has the most annoying squeak in the dash, up close to the windshield. If I keep pressure on it downward, it seems to go away. Somedays it is worse than others. I don't have a strut tower brace, and I have heard this may be part of the problem. Any other ideas?

forums-saleen.jpg

my Bullitt has a strange and annoying squeek coming from the dash as well. Haven't figured it out yet though. Also have yet to establish a pattern as to when it squeeks. :shrug:

HoustonGT said:
I got the same exact problem and can't figure out what's causing it. It makes noise randomly too not at certain times.

"The "chirping " noise is the cowl outside under the wipers, I fixed mine.
Just remove the wipers, remove the screws holding the cowl in under the hood, and the pull up on the cowl. Be careful though, because the washer lines are attached. You will then see how the cowl is attached to these clips. I put electrical tape on the cowl portion of the clips and pushed them back in.
No more sqeaking! Reverse assembly."

this wasn't written by me but it worked for my car. it may or may NOT work for you. some mustangs have a squeak that comes from behind the instrument cluster, that i have no idea how to fix.

Premium Speed said:
Just remove the wipers, remove the screws holding the cowl in under the hood, and the pull up on the cowl. Be careful though, because the washer lines are attached. You will then see how the cowl is attached to these clips. I put electrical tape on the cowl portion of the clips and pushed them back in.

this wasn't written by me but it worked for my car. it may or may NOT work for you. some mustangs have a squeak that comes from behind the instrument cluster, that i have no idea how to fix.

Thanks alot Premium Speed, ill give it a try. :banana:

i have the same squeek in the dash of my 03 & i ended up putting a nickel in the space between the vent & the dash :rolleyes: i know it's ghetto, but it worked :D my car is at ford right now for a busted tranny & i forgot to mention that to them, but i'll do that after i hear that it's drivable :rolleyes:

Premium Speed said:

Hey Premium, thanks a ton for that info. I just went out and looked under the hood. I lifted the weather striping and am missing the three fastener clips. All three. I found out about this a little while ago on IMBOC.com too.
i can't wait to get under the hood and fix this.

Thanks again...you're the best.
:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

forpit2000gt said:
my squeeking came from the cluster. it was the plastic tabs that are on the back of the benzel. a little silicon fixed it.

Crap,lol. I have that problem, too. I have every squeaking, rattling, and shaking noise possible in a Mustang. I have the cluster, dash, and middle instrument panel noises. I need some subframe connecters and a strut tower brace to reduce this stuff. :(

- Did you just unscrew the 2 screws at the top of the cluster and pull back?