Daytime running lights?

NOSNotch

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
South Jersey
A friend of mine recently got an 05 V6 and she wants to disable the daytime running lights if possible. I havent had a chance to see the car yet so I havent been able to mess with it. If its possible can anyone let me know how? Thanks

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

Must be Canadian or Outside US sale vehicle. I do not recall that DRLs are on US mfg and sold vehicles. If this is a Canadian sold Stang the SJB - Smart Junction Box is different and the process for bypassing the DRL is a bear (see manual content below for issues with DRLs and SJB operation)

Confirm that she indeed has DRLs and this is a REAL need to her. Outside of stepping the emergency brake up a click to deactivate the DRLs (which will also cause premature wear to the brake pads and fuel economy loss) she would need a new SJB without DRL and the process would be more $ and time than you want to probably get into. :)

_____________FORD MANUAL CONTENT_______

If the SJB is configured for daytime running lamps (DRL), this feature illuminates the low beam headlamps at a reduced intensity when the following conditions exist:

The ignition switch is in the RUN position.
The headlamp switch is in the OFF position.
The PARK brake is not engaged.

For additional information on the low beam headlamps, refer to Section 417-01 .

Inspection and Verification

NOTE: When installing a new smart junction box (SJB), it must be reconfigured for this feature, if originally equipped. Refer to Section 418-01 .

Verify the customer concern by operating the daytime running lamps (DRL) following these steps:

Place the ignition switch in the RUN position.
Place the headlamp switch in the OFF position.
Verify that the PARK brake is not engaged.
If the DRL does not operate, make sure the SJB is configured for DRL before proceeding to the next step.
Verify the parking lamp operation.
Place the headlamp switch in the parking lamps ON position.
If the parking lamps do not operate correctly, refer to Section 417-01 .
Verify the high beam operation.
Place the headlamp switch in the headlamps ON position.
Place the multifunction switch in the HIGH BEAM position.
If the high beams operate correctly and the DRL operation is incorrect, install a new SJB. Refer to Section 419-10 . Test the system for normal operation.
If the high beams do not operate correctly, refer to Section 417-01 for correct diagnosis.