Dead 2005 Mustang.......

HerStang said:
Well all seem well now with this car. The reason behind the V6 and not the GT is two fold. One we have a 16 year old son, thus insurance is insanely high on a GT. Even though he is not listed as a driver it matters not, he has access to it. The second reason was my wife is happy with the V6 car. AS for it not having the power of a GT does not matter to me. Power and speed are all relative. My toy is an 8 second 10.5" tired car so I would complain about the power of the GT too :D

Good luck with the car; I hope it keeps running well for you. Btw, I think the V6's rock. They may not be a GT, but not everyone needs that kind of power. (I probably don't either, since I rammed the back end of my F-150 into the back of a car in front of me last year. That little 4.6 has a lot of pep, and I guess I wasn't ready when the guy was stopped in front of me at a green light. So maybe my reflexes aren't what they used to be, I don't know.) But the V6 is a plenty fast car for most people.

And while I hate to hear about your problems, in a sense, you are a 'pioneer' mustang owner, one who owns a car that had problems that will help Ford be quicker to fix or not even let happen in the future. Thanks to your purchase, our future purchases may be even better! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem this Saturday. I have a 2005 Mustang V6 and it died on me at 12:00 am, about 45 minutes away from home. I was on an unlit, unfamiliar highway when this occured. Within a span of 5 minutes, everything electrical on the car shut down.

I had it towed to the dealership and got home at 3:30am. They looked at it on Saturday, said the alternator and everything looked ok, replaced the dead battery and told me I could take it home or leave it for further investigation but they thought it was fine. I was extremely hesitant in taking the car home but did so because they wouldn't give me another car to drive as the rental office closed at 1 pm (30 minutes before they were done looking at it) and I have to go out of town and drive to work.

As I started driving it home, the battery light came on. I immediately drove back, raised a little hell, probably caused a few people to think I'm completely insane, and ended up leaving there with a car off the lot to drive.

They will look at it again on Tuesday. I am going to call and tell them to look at the throttle body. Hopefully this takes care of it.