did you guys feel power difference with x pipe?

Daniel50

Mar 30, 2005
Discovery Bay, CA
so i installed my UPR o/r x pipe to go along with my mac catback on an otherwise bone stock 97 cobra and the car seems to pull a lot harder now. did you guys notice a difference when you installed one? on my past two 5.0's i noticed nothing. maybe its just cuz its extremely loud now

• Sponsors (?)

On mine I added an off road H-pipe but the power difference was definatly felt. Didnt notice any loss on the low end but after 5500 she pulls way better now:nice:

Many times a change in exhaust sound volume will directly relate to the impression of increased power in the drivers mind. I'm not saying you didn't pick up any power with the installation of the new exhaust components, but I know for a fact your car most likely sounds faster now! :nice:

U.M.

An O/R H pipe was one of my first mods and I deffinately felt a big difference all across the power band and it sounded like a Mustang should. Out of all my mods I think this one was one of my biggest gains in power. Maybe the exhaust is a little more restrictive on the 5.0 cobras than the 4.6's. I can't see how though, we have less cats.