ditching the front license plate

• Sponsors (?)

that's illegal to just take off the front license plate if required by your state

It could definitely be done....whether or not it's better to fill with bondo or fiberglass is the key question since the bumper is made from urethane. It's my opinion that the stock front bumper is really bland and I would just upgrade to saleen or cervini style

in some states (california, colorado, new york, etc...) you have to have a state-issued tag on the front and on the back of your vehicle. A very easy thing that you may want to try is to get some little plastic plugs....then go get some vehicle touch up paint and paint the top of the plug then plug it up. true you'll have a little bump there, but you wont have to go through the whole pain of sanding and priming and painting and everything....

in California its more or less a grey issue meaning it isnt illegal to not have a frong license plate, but at the same time it is. It just give the fuzz a "reason" to pull you over and sweet talk to you.
Hey what do you expect from CA we have a movie star for gov.

Yea actually it is very illegal here in Cali I know from experience :nonono: But you know what it's funny I didn't get stopped for it until I was in Huntington Beach. Or as I like to call it stay out if your not rich or white. But whatever I guess some cops just have to base things on race it's sad really.

PS: Don't get me wrong I'm sure most residents in Huntington Beach are great people but they do have trouble embracing something different.

i donno about what to do about covering in the holes, but go buy a few of those lil suction cups from walmart, stick them in the holes of ur plate and suck that baby to the inside of the windshield somewhere, i mean, either way..whats it matter? i mean u get pulled over, technically you still have a front plate, so no harm, but if they right u up, then go down and show them, but i mean atleast have it on the car still, what could it hurt? alot of people around here ( texas) do that, you can just slide it between ur dash and windshield, but here in texas, they made it illigal unless you can see the WHOLE plate? some covers for them cover up the word texas on the top and they right u up for it, its gay, but yea just stick it to the windshield with suction cups

Do what you want, but I'm telling you, it's illegal. It's $85 here....I know for a fact, because I have the court slips right in front of me....I hand them out. The way I look at it, if it appears to be a flagrant act of "blowing off" the front plate law, they're cited. A lot of stolen cars are gotten that way and people who are constantly stopped are cited to keep from being cited.