does this happen to anybody else?

i dont know how many here run classifieds but for some reson people will email me or pm me about something i have for sale, they seem really interested, and after i email them back with details they never get back to me. why bother me then? did u expect the price to be free? if u weren't interested at least have the decency to email me back so we can negotiate. does this happen to anyone else? i have had people tell me they're gonna send a money order and never do. wtf? if your reading this and were or are interested in something i have, its not free.

• Sponsors (?)

Sold and bought alot of stuff thru classifieds...Its a pain playing email tag..Myself I won't contact someone unless I'm serious about a part...
I had more positives than "tire kickers" so to say...But ya, Its a pain...
Most people think you should take jack for your parts...crapola

Unfortunately, that is how the business world works. Think about it from the buyers perspective. They inquire about your product, meanwhile I am sure they are inquiring with other sellers as well. The buyer is going to go with whichever deals he/she feels is best for him financially...same as you would do or will do. Don't fret it. Just remember something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

95cobradude said:
i dont know how many here run classifieds but for some reson people will email me or pm me about something i have for sale, they seem really interested, and after i email them back with details they never get back to me. why bother me then? did u expect the price to be free? if u weren't interested at least have the decency to email me back so we can negotiate. does this happen to anyone else? i have had people tell me they're gonna send a money order and never do. wtf? if your reading this and were or are interested in something i have, its not free.

HAHA. I'm glad someone else noticed this. We own a new/used parts & service shop and that happens 50 times a day. Like we're in business for nothing else other than to provide free parts, free advice, and free service. Like we don't have land taxes, auction fees, account bills, utilities, advertising fees, maitenence, wages, and so on to pay every day. It's very disheartening the way a lot (not all but a good amount) of people go about things. And on the net attitudes are even worse. OK rant over carry on. :D

alot of that, "its not free, or its 2 much" attitude is one of the many reasons i got out of the automotive repair business, u just cant win. i'm gonna be 27 in jan. and i got out while i still can. these ****in people online in these sites that will nickel n dime the hell out of u can drive u batty. it makes u wonder, if they aren't willing to spend any $ on their cars then why be in the hobby in the first place. at one point did they think modifying or just owning a car would be cheap.