Double sided 3M tape

McStang

Nov 30, 2007
I've ordered a pair of pre-painted Roush qtr. window louvers that install with double sided 3M tape. Does this tape work well? Any chance of a louver flying off in the wind?:eek:

• Sponsors (?)

if the prep is done properly, then NO. it all comes down to prep. everything should be CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. does the tape come applied to the louver already? if so, that is half the battle.

clean everything at least 3 times to be sure it really is clean. use the 3M adhesion promoter as well. that stuff really helps the double sided tape hold.

thanks for the advice BigCat. didn't know about the 3M adhesion promoter and if its not included with the louvers I will def. order sum prior to installation..
Thanks again!

I've had my CDC smooth side window scoops on for over 2 years now and they show no sign on any movement. You'll keep looking at them for the first week or so, but after that you almost forget you added something to the car. The 3m tape will hold them there as if it was like that way when it rolled off of the assembly line.

I've ordered a pair of pre-painted Roush qtr. window louvers that install with double sided 3M tape. Does this tape work well? Any chance of a louver flying off in the wind?:eek:

This is really the only way I have ever heard of applying the quarter window louvers. 3M tape is used by aftermarket shops and ford dealerships to install the louvers, so it is at least as good as their installations.

3M tape is very strong and will not generally have any issues if you install it correctly. About the only thing I would not recommend using 3M tape for is the installation of a spoiler. Bolts are essential.

Clean, clean, clean and then clean some more. The only problem I have ever had with 3m tape was with some rear window louvers on a 1990 Mustang. Otherwise, it holds great if installed properly.