drag strip video

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/30b1f686-88b5-478f-950c-99e3014ee2a1.htm

went to the track today hoping for some 11 sec passes but i didnt get so lucky. i had a hard time getting the car to hook. i think my tires may be getting a little worn out. i burned them pretty hard and still couldnt get a dead hook launch. i only ran 12.30s-12.10s @ 113-115 mph. with crappy 1.7-1.9 60's there was a small MPH increase but i couldnt really tinker with FP and stuff because i couldnt get the car to run consistant enough to see if the tinkering helped.

you can see my car on some of the launches where it didnt lift the front end up as much.

after my las pass my car blew a HG, nothing horrible but theres a milkshake in the oil. i didnt check it until i got home so i duno how bad i hurt it, it wasnt smoking or anything.
i will tear her down this winter and maybe get some better heads and cam to throw in the car!:D i need to get some GOOD headgaskets anyway with the boost.

i know i would have hit 11s with a decent launch i just could get the car the hook well at all.

overall it was fun and the last trip of the season for me. my friend was there in his 95 gt ( red stang in vid), bone stock motor with 3.73s and exhaust and it ran a best of 15.30 @ 90 mph (not in vid), seemed a little slow but it was on street tires and hard to get a good launch.

there was also a badass eagle talon there, i raced him twice ( first two races) hes been racing at the track all season and its running high 11s consistantly. he ran 11.70s @ 117 today and after the second pass he blew a head gasket. so i thinke hes done for the season, a badass car though, a sleeper car, nothing loud, looks stock and the person driving it is real cool.

some other mustangs and various cars there is alot of video, over 10mins.

just thought i would share!

• Sponsors (?)

rofl thats just some video from my house that was right before we started recording the tracks stuff.

that talon was pretty cool. it wasnt some flashly looking ricer, it was a boner stock looking, wasnt loud at all and ran really good. out of all the "ricer" cars, talons are usually pretty fast.

there is also a white civic that runs at this track alot. he was around almost every weekend during the spring/summer. it was a boner stock looking car and ran 11s for a while and he started pegging high 10s @ over 130 with it and it was a street car.

some small motor cars are FAST

Cool video...thanks for sharing.

I'll be honest with you. I'm not at all surprised about the blown HG. You kinda had that coming to you with no tune and all that boost. well hopefully you didnt hurt it too bad...

I would think the colder temps didnt help that Air fuel ratio...and i bet thats what led to the HG failure. Rip the heads off and show us some good pics!

Im sure you'll get it going even faster next season.

its just a stock felpro with arp bolts.

and i'm not suprised at all that it blew it out, no biggie though i will just replace and it hopefully upgrade the heads or something!