Drove: 2010 Convert and at 2011 5.0 Fastback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go OP! You successfully abused two cars you have no intention of buying. :notnice: Tool.

People like you are the reason why I never buy a car off the lot unless the odometer says 2 - 3 miles from the truck to the lot & PDI.

I ordered my mustang & was fortunate to see it on the freeway on it's way to being delivered to my dealership. Even talked to the truck driver in traffic about my car on his rig. I saw it roll off the truck & the odometer had 43-miles on it. I've read that they randomly test vehicles after production. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather them test it & make sure everything is OK then to have it delivered & have to get something fixed later.

Also, as far as the O.P.'s test drive goes, I don't really see the big deal. These cars are built to be driven hard. There are no break in periods anymore so nothing was hurt. If it couldn't handle that bit of abuse, then it's not worth a darn.

But I do understand that people want virgin or unmolested vehicles. Nothing wrong with that. But it's just not a bid deal to me.

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered my mustang & was fortunate to see it on the freeway on it's way to being delivered to my dealership. Even talked to the truck driver in traffic about my car on his rig. I saw it roll off the truck & the odometer had 43-miles on it. I've read that they randomly test vehicles after production. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather them test it & make sure everything is OK then to have it delivered & have to get something fixed later.

Also, as far as the O.P.'s test drive goes, I don't really see the big deal. These cars are built to be driven hard. There are no break in periods anymore so nothing was hurt. If it couldn't handle that bit of abuse, then it's not worth a darn.

But I do understand that people want virgin or unmolested vehicles. Nothing wrong with that. But it's just not a bid deal to me.
:bs:

Ok :rolleyes:, so you just got finished test driving your 2011 Kona Blue GT 6 speed manual and you decide you want it. You call your credit union to arrange your finances. Then good ol' OP walks in with another salesman, grabs the keys and does a 4K clutch drop smokey burnout followed by donuts right in front of you then takes off for 15 minutes.

So when he returns, you're gonna give him a thumbs up :nice: and be psyched to buy that exact car since it was built for that and he was just putting it through the paces for you. :rlaugh:

People with no respect for others property is what I have a problem with. Even though there is not a specified break in period, it is not good to hammer on a brand new clutch in the form of 4K dumps.

:bs:

Ok :rolleyes:, so you just got finished test driving your 2011 Kona Blue GT 6 speed manual and you decide you want it. You call your credit union to arrange your finances. Then good ol' OP walks in with another salesman, grabs the keys and does a 4K clutch drop smokey burnout followed by donuts right in front of you then takes off for 15 minutes.

So when he returns, you're gonna give him a thumbs up :nice: and be psyched to buy that exact car since it was built for that and he was just putting it through the paces for you. :rlaugh:

People with no respect for others property is what I have a problem with. Even though there is not a specified break in period, it is not good to hammer on a brand new clutch in the form of 4K dumps.

I would be mad in this case, b/c if I was contracting to buy said vehicle, I would consider it MINE from the moment we agreed on the purchase. If it was done before I made a deal for the car, it would be no problem b/c it wasn't mine. Before I placed my order for my 2011, I test drove one on the lot. I didn't do a burnout or doughnuts, but I drove it hard. It saw a couple of 6900-rpms shifts. How else was I gonna know I wanted one if I shifted it at 3000-rpm?

Did the O.P. have to drive it that hard? Prolly not. Do I think it hurt the vehicle? No.

I will restate my point. Sure the car can take a little teenage abuse off the lot. The unethical thing to do is abuse the trust of the salesperson. Is the dealer insured? Of course. Will the dealer owner forgive the salesman for this lapse in judgement? No. He will be out of a job. Is there a need to endanger yourself or others so you can get your jollies off? How will your family feel when PD notifies them that you're dead? 35k is quite an investment of course but all you idiots redlining, dropping clutches, and powersliding cars that do not belong to you should be a wake up call to the type of person you really are. Just because nothing happened doesn't mean it can't. If this offends anyone or you think I'm too rash, I scooped up too many corpses of the pavement that could have been avoided by common sense.

To the original poster.....you sir, are an IDIOT. Anyone that would take out a demo and use dropping the clutch and burnouts as a measure of performance is a moron. I hope whatever car you get has been drivin just as hard during its break in miles by strangers and the damn thing falls apart. :notnice: idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.