Duals

• Sponsors (?)

DcDisturbed947 said:
actually Macs don't sound like rice at all. Sounds real nice at any rpms. Its just not the loudest duals you can find, but they sound really good

A lot of people like MACs. Personally, I have flowmasters, which some people don't like for various reasons. (too loud, too much interior resonance, don't like the "gurgle", etc.) I love mine though. I've gotten numerous comments from v8 guys saying how good my car sounds. Of course performance-wise they still tear me a new one, but hey, it's a start. Search the archives for mufflers and stuff. If I recall correctly, not too long ago there was a thread about this and someone posted a link to a page that had a whole bunch of sound files for different exhaust setups. Anyone remember it?

00StangV6Coupe said:
A lot of people like MACs. Personally, I have flowmasters, which some people don't like for various reasons. (too loud, too much interior resonance, don't like the "gurgle", etc.) I love mine though. I've gotten numerous comments from v8 guys saying how good my car sounds. Of course performance-wise they still tear me a new one, but hey, it's a start. Search the archives for mufflers and stuff. If I recall correctly, not too long ago there was a thread about this and someone posted a link to a page that had a whole bunch of sound files for different exhaust setups. Anyone remember it?

Your right there was a recent thread about this. I was the first to post on it. I searched and didn't find what I was looking for.

I really just want to sound original I know Its never going to sound like a V8. But I don't want to sound like a ricer either.

Does anybody still have their stock muffler laying around?

98v6mustang said:
i have flowmasters as well.. i once had someone who didn't believe me that my car was a 6 because of the exhaust...

i had to pop the hood and let him see for himself.

but, imo flowmasters all the way

yep, my friend just had his cats removed and put on dual flows....sounds really nice! im putting on 2 chamber flowmasters this week but leaving the cats, im sure it will sound pretty good.

A new muffler on the market is probably the best option i've ever heard. It is called vforce. Great muffler. i have flowmasters on mine which sounds okay but i'd like to change it over.

00StangV6Coupe said:
www.mustangexhaust.com

Jarrell said:
Do u guy's think I could pass CA emissions with a cam and high flow cats with the Flowmasters?
If not I'll buy the cheapest tails, cut the mufflers out, and weld two stock ones in place.

The cam and flowmasters shouldn't be a problem. For the high flow cats, you'd probably have to check the specific brand/cat you're looking at to know for sure.