The wires are tucked. Car actually started and everything still works. Lol.

I have extended my brake switch wiring. Those were the only wires I needed to extend. The only reason is because I did not unwrap my factory wiring. All the harnesses and plugs fit through the hole with out modifying anything.

Here are the wires I extended and some pics of the car. I'm so glad that crap is out if my engine bay.
IMG_20170623_193225914.jpg
IMG_20170623_200818347_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170623_200909029_HDR.jpg

Now I get to wrap eeverything, map out some wire hangers, and clean and paint the inner fenders.

Guess I really like doing things multiple times.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Spent the weekend at my farm in VA with the kids....all 4 of them. It was great !!!

Nothing done to Dusty. He just sat up here in Maryland lonely as hell.
2017062595174403.jpg
2017062595181535.jpg
2017062595181549.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Put the fenders back on yesterday. Everything went great until I found a scratch on my passenger fender.

I didn't paint the inner fenders but used a rust converter spray on the little areas of surface rust. I'll be pulling everything back apart and didn't want to get over spray on everything....no....I'm lieing.. I'm just lazy.

Everything will come apart when its time to beautify...right now I want to get it driving as efficiently as possible.

The fuse case is on order for the alternator.

I started it yesterday and didn't have smoke coming out of that oil catch can. I could still smell a little bit of fumes but it's good to go. Next is the PCV line. I've gotta find something to do with that.

Finally, I got my free mega fuse holder. Its installed looking for a place to get bolted to the inner fender.:nice:

I'll post pics later.

Reactions: 1 user
Took the car out for a drive....just a wee bit further than the last time. Had my 10yr old boy in the seat. I've never seen him smile so big. We went around behind the Walmart and I got to try out 2nd gear. He bogged for a split second and then pulled like mad with part throttle. I got nervous and glanced over at the boost gauge...that read no boost ( like it was supposed to ). In that shakey moment I let off the gas and the waste gate made the most beautiful sound.

Then I noticed smoke coming from under the cowl. This shouldn't be happening....my new breather is on and that thing vents under the fender....is it my pcv hose that's sitting open ? No, that's on the other side of the cowl. I smell heavy fumes. Not having tags on the car added to my not pulling over right away. I had to get this thing in my driveway.

Got it in its home base parking spot....still running. I pulled the hood pins and I see it.... My fuel line is spraying an injector like pattern right on my drivers side manifold. This thing was spraying so fine you couldn't even hardly see it. Smh

Luckily the car didn't burn to the ground...
IMG_20170702_132927942.jpg

That's my cheap **s fuel line coupler hiding back there...the black thing with the blue end. Needless to say, I'm ordering AN fittings and braided line to resolve this issue. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be cheap.:bang:

Here's a pic of my free fuse holder....
IMG_20170701_153325146.jpg

Its still not screwed down... :nonono:

I wanted to buy individual fittings but I'm stuck buying this...plus 2 fittings for the 1/4 and 5/16 quick connect fittings. I believe the kit is -6AN
Screenshot_2017-07-03-12-50-08.png

Last edited:
I figured out this whole AN fitting thing. Its way cheaper for me to buy all the fittings from JEGS. It'll end up being less than $120. I need to go online and check stock and availability.

I snapped some pics of some of what's needed.
Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-07.png
Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-46.png

And of coarse the spring lock fittings for the rails and the straight and 45 degree -06 fittings and nylon braided hose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-07.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-25-46.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 1 users
.... looks expensive .......

Looks can be deceiving. The hoses between the stock mustang fuel rail to the spring lock connectors behind the smog pump area costs about 80 bucks alone.

My car burning to the ground would be way more expensive. I'm not 100% sure the nylon braided hose will hold up to the fuel pressure. ( I assume so ) Definitely need to do a little more research before I order.

Do you know a cheaper place to get AN fittings from ?

Here's a little something I've been working on today. Started making a template for rain guards.
IMG_20170712_184328668_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170712_213353383.jpg

That it for tonight...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The parts came today for the fuel lines....
IMG_20170714_181408691_HDR.jpg

But....I forgot to order the adapters for my hard lines...dangit !!!!

I was trying to get it done before I'm back on a plane...I've got to go halfway across the country to New Mexico. This screws my plans...oh well...life goes on. They'll be in the mail.

I'm in Arizona at a rest stop...power nap time. Drove to Utah , Colorado, and Arizona from New Mexico today. Been to Four Corners and the Grand Canyon. Tomorrow hiking Sandia in Alberquerqui and street Tacos.

Been traveling a lot...
IMG_20170721_190210404_HDR.jpg

Yes, that is the sky opening up over the canyon. There's a story about this but it'll have to wait till later...

OK...so after driving forever down i40 back to Alberquerque and nearly falling asleep several times...( not good ). The mission was accomplished.

That pic was of an approaching storm while we were at " The watch tower overlook ". We were standing up there with lightning flashing all around us.

I'm a pretty tall guy so can you imagine seeing this tall *** dude running around taking pictures trying to stay lower than the average Asian. It was at about 630 when the sky opened up. The watch tower immediately made an announcement that they were closing at 7....on the dot.

There had to be 50 people crammed in that thing praying that it would end....it didn't. At 7pm we all madeca mad dash to the parking lot...about 1/4 mile away.

Needless to say, we were all drenched through our drawz....and what do ya know ??

The rain stopped as soon as we got to the car...smh
2017072195184238.jpg

Its amazing how fast you dry in this area. This is a while later...just admiring the beauty.

Reactions: 6 users