Dyno Results Baseline

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
Dyno Results Baseline (Video)

Took advantage of a local shops open house to get baseline numbers before i install my HCI during winter. i think numbers are just about right. car has been a blast to drive recently.

Made:
223.8 HP and 279.8 TQ

Mods:
Stock 302 101k miles
Cobra intake
underdrive pullies
mass air conversion with stock sensor
70mm BBk TB
ford racing shorties
Stock H-pipe
Bassani catback

Vid:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/17c0f766-0543-46f3-8ed1-99e30159c4ec.htm

dynosheetbaselinewi8.jpg

Attachments

• dynosheetbaselinewi8.jpg
    dynosheetbaselinewi8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

Seems a little bit low, but when I baselined my I made a little higher #'s than you (my engine only had 43k though). I would have thought you would be higher for having a 70 mm TB and Cobra Intake but I can see your stang pulled higher in the higher rpms compared to mine.

Mods at the time were:
Longtube headers
2-1/4" Catback and H-Pipe
BBK Pulleys
Stock Speed Density

mustangdyno1.jpg

Just curious what type of dyno did you use?

Oh and I did built a new engine and let me tell its a world of difference! What HCI are you planning?

Attachments

• mustangdyno1.jpg
    mustangdyno1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 53
Soontobefastfox thanks for the reply and comparison. The pulls were done on a DynoJet. I think that ttop88 is right. SD cars stock dyno'ed higher than mass air cars. The tuner at the shop estimated that with a larger mass sensor and an o/r h the car would be in the mid to high 230's.

The Trick Flow Street top end kit is sitting in my room just waiting to be installed. Thanks for the comments.

Yup thats right about where i would expect a car like that to be. With a stock H pipe...those numbers are pretty good.

Looks like the car was blowing a little bit of oil...but i guess thats to be expected with a 100k shortblock. Car looks good though!

Yup thats right about where i would expect a car like that to be. With a stock H pipe...those numbers are pretty good.

Looks like the car was blowing a little bit of oil...but i guess thats to be expected with a 100k shortblock. Car looks good though!

The night before i dyno'ed i installed the Tb and noticed that my intake is covered in oil. i believe this is why i was having such a hard time passing emissions this year. Anybody know what could be causing this oil to head up to the upper intake?

If its sucking oil into the intake manifold you most likely have a PCV issue. The first thing I would do is remove the PCV valve in the lower intake(behind the upper and in the center of the lower) Then remove the rubber grommet and the PCV screen beneath it.

It's likely that the screen is clogged up if you've never taken it out and cleaned it. You can either clean that sucker out or go buy a new one. The part is called a "crankcase breather filter" IIRC...it's only a couple bucks.

Buy a new PCV valve and make sure the rubber grommet fits tightly around it. If not you should replace the grommet as well. Reinstall everything and that should solve your problems.

If not it might be the valve cover to TB tube. While this normally occurs with cars equipped with roller rockers, you may need to fab up a baffle to sit under the oil filler neck to prevent any oil from being pulled out of the VC and into the TB. Let me know how you make out with the PCV fix. good luck man.

If its sucking oil into the intake manifold you most likely have a PCV issue. The first thing I would do is remove the PCV valve in the lower intake(behind the upper and in the center of the lower) Then remove the rubber grommet and the PCV screen beneath it.

It's likely that the screen is clogged up if you've never taken it out and cleaned it. You can either clean that sucker out or go buy a new one. The part is called a "crankcase breather filter" IIRC...it's only a couple bucks.

Buy a new PCV valve and make sure the rubber grommet fits tightly around it. If not you should replace the grommet as well. Reinstall everything and that should solve your problems.

If not it might be the valve cover to TB tube. While this normally occurs with cars equipped with roller rockers, you may need to fab up a baffle to sit under the oil filler neck to prevent any oil from being pulled out of the VC and into the TB. Let me know how you make out with the PCV fix. good luck man.

Thanks for the info... i'll go pick up a new pcv and IIRC tomorrow. i'll let u know if things clear up.