Dyno Results

Aug 19, 2004

Attachments

• Mustang DYNOcropped #2.jpg
    Mustang DYNOcropped #2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Sponsors (?)

4th Gear

A guy on another site said all dyno's should be done in 4th gear as that provides a 1 to 1 ratio (gear to tranny??).....if that sounds correct to you...my fourth run is the one I should consider correct. I actually did a negative run (5th run overall) in 4th gear that netted the highest hp 434. Learning as I go.....

Mel, those #'s sound about right. :nice: Just to let you know, our 4'th gear is 1 to 1, so that's the gear you should be doing your pulls in. I don't think a pull in 3'rd will hurt, but that's why the #'s were lower in that gear. Hell, I did a pull in second gear a while back just to check the power I was making in the lower gear cause I thought I felt a little bit of a loss down low. I think I made something like 328hp and 370tq in 2nd gear. :shrug:

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
Mel, those #'s sound about right. :nice: Just to let you know, our 4'th gear is 1 to 1, so that's the gear you should be doing your pulls in. I don't think a pull in 3'rd will hurt, but that's why the #'s were lower in that gear. Hell, I did a pull in second gear a while back just to check the power I was making in the lower gear cause I thought I felt a little bit of a loss down low. I think I made something like 328hp and 370tq in 2nd gear. :shrug:

Thanks Doc! Would I have had slightly higher numbers if my first run was done in 4th gear instead of my fourth run??

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I would think so. That engine is getting pretty damn hot after 4 wide open blasts. :(

Yeah, at least I have an idea where I stand....actually did a fifth pull (negative one) after @ 10 minutes and the hp was at 434 (done in 4th gear). :nice:

Tint

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I would think so. That engine is getting pretty damn hot after 4 wide open blasts. :(

I just saw you have 20% tint....how do you like it?? I was thinking of going 35% on 2 fronts and 20% on the 3 in the back..........I just don't want a long term headache with the tint coming off etc.

1268melberger said:
I just saw you have 20% tint....how do you like it?? I was thinking of going 35% on 2 fronts and 20% on the 3 in the back..........I just don't want a long term headache with the tint coming off etc.
I like the 20%. I had 35% on the side and 20% in the back on my GT and I thought it was a little light. It probably didn't help that my interior was light so it made the tint look not as dark. With the snake the dark interior goes well with the 20%. :p I think 20% is the perfect tint, dark enough but not too dark. I don't care for limo tint on a car, too dark. :notnice: I have not had any problems so far with the tint coming off, but it's only been on for 6 months. :shrug: If you have a reputable shop do the install, I don't think you will have any problems with it coming off. Most places will honor their tint with a lifetime warranty if there is any peeling or it starts to fade or come off.

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I like the 20%. I had 35% on the side and 20% in the back on my GT and I thought it was a little light. It probably didn't help that my interior was light so it made the tint look not as dark. With the snake the dark interior goes well with the 20%. :p I think 20% is the perfect tint, dark enough but not too dark. I don't care for limo tint on a car, too dark. :notnice: I have not had any problems so far with the tint coming off, but it's only been on for 6 months. :shrug: If you have a reputable shop do the install, I don't think you will have any problems with it coming off. Most places will honor their tint with a lifetime warranty if there is any peeling or it starts to fade or come off.

Thanks for the insight!