dyno tune?

• Sponsors (?)

well, with your current mods, i think that your money would be spent better elsewhere. it certainly couldn't hurt, you would most likely find some hp with it. but it's not a must do yet :nice: cost will vary with shops, & how long it takes/ pulls it takes :nice:

The tune wont be able to adjust your timing. Youll have to buy a T/A or put a chip in and do away with your speedcal. If you went with a chip, a dyno could be worth your money. You would be able to tweek your a/f with the o/r pipe, and get your timing set to its optimum setting.
If you just want to do it, it will vary by time and the amount of pulls it takes to get your tune where you want it.

krly79 said:
So with my mods, or lack there of, could I benefit from a dyno tune? I was also wondering about how much they cost and would they adjust my dashpot for me so that my idle comes down quicker?
I wouldn't get a dyno tune untill you get a new throttle body. Then They could calibrate the stock maf to work better with the bigger t/b and your p/p upper intake.. then turn of ur rear 02's and get your speedometer to exact perfection on the dyno, plus add timing safely (which would add same gains as a timing adjuster, but safely). Then your car would be calibrated for high octane and run smoother than ever.. so I'd say its worth it once you get a t/b.. I'd look for some results from a stock p/p intake with diff t/b's because it seems a couple of the new plenums on the market are working best with 75mm.. especially accufab.

-wade