Eeek...troubling buying a car

American_Muscle

May 9, 2005
Hey guys

I'm currently stationed overseas but will be flying over on Monday for 2 weeks.
I plan on buying a nice 99-up gt while I'm there.

Now I have all the money saved up on my bank account, which is with bank america.

Now it just hit me: How will I be able to get to that cash in the states?
There's not a single Bank of America in Louisiana.
There's a limit on the amount I can get from the ATM per day.
:shrug:

Here I am, saving up money like an idiot and now this...

Thanks
Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

As long as you have your account number and the proper identification, you will be able to access that money at any Bank of America branch. That's one of the nice things about going with one of the big huge banks.

I work at a Credit Union here in AZ...You shouldn't have any problems getting the cash you need. We would have that kind of funds on hand every day without a problem. However, what most people are doing now-a-days are getting "cashiers checks", or "official checks". They are bank checks purchased with the funds from your account, and you can make it payable to whoever you buy the car from. They are basically as good as cash, but you don't have to feel nervous about carrying around a huge stack of bills!!:nice: I would seriously hope there is a Bank of America is Louisiana, were you able to do any research?? Good luck!

American_Muscle said:
I know identification theft is a big thing right.....

Can I get access to $10k and up at any bank teller?

As much money as you are going to need most branches will have the money on hand. The individual bank you go to will require extra identification if you are going to be taking more then 10k out in cash due to federal regulations. I would recommend as was said some kind of bank check as it is much safer. If there arent any Bank of America branches where you are going to be you would probably have to call them up and maybe they could arrange a wire transfer to another bank account at another institution or to the account of the person you buy the car from.