Electrical problems on a 2005 V-6

drjones633

Apr 6, 2005
Has anyone else had these problems:

-Low washer fluid light doesn't come on.
-when I'm driving at night sometimes the lights on the shaker 500 flash. Its not just a random flash, it seems to always last for a second and a half. Also it seems to be caused by having the headlights on and by speed, in other words its not caused by a bump I hit, it happens when Im on smooth pavement.

I'm planning on taking it in to Ford when I get a day off, but I was just wondering if anyone else saw something simular?

Thanks,
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

drjones633 said:
Has anyone else had these problems:

-Low washer fluid light doesn't come on.
-when I'm driving at night sometimes the lights on the shaker 500 flash. Its not just a random flash, it seems to always last for a second and a half. Also it seems to be caused by having the headlights on and by speed, in other words its not caused by a bump I hit, it happens when Im on smooth pavement.

I'm planning on taking it in to Ford when I get a day off, but I was just wondering if anyone else saw something simular?

Thanks,
Ben

Haven't seen anything out of the ordinary with the lights on my Shaker 500. Of course now I'm going to be watching them like a hawk! :D

You might want to check your fuses, to see if any are loose like mine were from the factory. It seems like it is a common problem with these cars for some reason.

ZenGrl... Like Kevin I got mine from CDC. It was fun installing it (had a dickens of a time trying to get the front grill out) but it looks soooooo cool.

Afixer... the homelink mirror is great. The most difficult part of the install was getting the old mirror off. Fortunately I got lucky and it popped off pretty quickly. When I first did the install I actually cheated and used fuse taps (they fit over one leg of the fuse and wrap around the fuse so a lug can connect to them). I'm now replacing the two lugs with add-a-fuses for a more permanent and professional looking install.

And in any case with all the new wiring behind my kick panel (the mirror, my XM radio, etc.) I don't want anyone seeing that I'm a hack of an electrician!! :D